I got RIPPED OFF by a fellow Viper Owner

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who do not know, I purchased a set of stock wheels for my 96' RT/10 from a guy named Bobby (can't recall last name), who said his 96' RT/10 was a [*****] Viper. His auction description desribed them as "excellent"
I spoke to him on the phone several times and he assured me the wheels were actually in mint condition. The wheels arrived last Monday. As the pictures will show, the wheels are beat to hell! The tires that he described as having 10k left on them all need replacing! One even has a nail in it :evilmad: ! I immediately called Bobby and told him about the problems. He got a very snippy attitude and blamed UPS. Even though he did not pack the wheels AT ALL (all he did was slap a UPS label on the tires :evilmad: ), the damage OBVIOUSLY came from the wheels being curbed, not UPS. On Tuesday, I took them to a wheel shop to get their opinion/estimate. They said there was no way possible the damage was caused by UPS. After getting the quote, I emailed pics of the wheels and a copy of the estimate to Bobby on Tuesday night. I gave him until 5:00 pm this past Friday to respond. I checked the status and the email was read at 9:54 on Tuesday night so I know he received the email. I have received no response, which to me is as good as an admission of guilt :evilmad: In the auction photos, what I thought was glare off the wheel flanges, is obviously curb rash! :evilmad:

He is not a VCA member but did tell me he knew some of the NY/CT VCA guys and had been at Tator’s before. I recommend no one trust anything this guy says! He is a liar and ripoff artist. People like him are what give other Viper owners a bad name. I know he works at (or either owns) a Sunoco gas station in Connecticut. I would avoid this man at all costs and under NO circumstances do any business with him. His Ebay ID is YelloTalon. Below are photos of the wheels exactly as I received them.

100_3377.jpg

100_3378.jpg

100_3379.jpg

100_3380.jpg

100_3381.jpg

100_3382.jpg

100_3383.jpg

100_3384.jpg

100_3385.jpg

(I know this isn't really Gen 1&2 related, so its ok if it gets moved, I just think all Viper guys should know this so noone else gets ripped off)

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That *****! I've purchased two full sets of wheels both from members of this site and both were not perfect as stated. I still sit with two full gen 1 sets of wheels that are no good without being refinished.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JESUS, thats froma curb alright.

Did you follow a paypal dispute? and leave neg feedback?

sorry you have a deal with this shyt and your right it makes us Viper owners look like idiots (maybe this is just wishful thinking but) you sure how owns a viper?

BTW can you post a link to the auction?

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, I cant dispute or leave negative feedback :( Someone else actually won the auction, but I emailed them and asked if he'd consider selling to me. He agreed, so I paid him and he paid the Ebay seller. So my money actually went to the "middle man" (actual Ebay winner) and he told Bobby (Ebay seller) to ship the wheels directly to me.

Ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320087853487

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you know what its good you posted this, it makes people who use ebay really think (atleast it did to me) this guy has nearly 100% feedback (only negative was over 4 years ago) and over 350 transactions and he pulls THIS??????

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you know what its good you posted this, it makes people who use ebay really think (atleast it did to me) this guy has nearly 100% feedback (only negative was over 4 years ago) and over 350 transactions and he pulls THIS??????

That surprised me too. With his feedback, I felt really safe. Maybe his definition of mint and the rest of the world's definition is totally different. Or either, he's a lying crook and noone has "outed" him until now :evilmad:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking at his sales this guy sells EVERYTHING, he'd sell his mother for the right price. Either that or he robbed a Sunoco station for all thise crap toys

G

grcforce327

Start a misrepresentation/fraud case with Ebay/PayPal asap!

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all try to be so careful buying stuff on eBay and this happens from a fellow Viper owner. I'm very sorry this happened to you Chad.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all try to be so careful buying stuff on eBay and this happens from a fellow Viper owner. I'm very sorry this happened to you Chad.

let all hope hes not one PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he's a lying crook

ya got his name i assume ? post it or send it to us. then call a lawyer and see what can be done about it.

i want his name. does tator know him? i bet he does.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think his name is Bobby Sherman. I cant find the UPS mailing label to confirm the last name, but I'm 90% sure thats it. He did say he had been to Tator's before so I'm sure Chuck knows him. He also said he knew some of the NY/CT guys but didnt mention any specific names

S

SUN RA KAT

Sorry to hear about you getting ripped off, Chad - that sux big time.

We Viper owners need to protect each other from things like this happening.

Thanks for posting so we will not find ourselves in the same position you are in. I hope you can this resolved, but sometimes taking it to the internet is the only way to go when the other party won't communicate.

Keep us informed, so if he does do the right thing we might do business with him in the future.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it safe to assume his car was a red/yellow car ???

The story he told me was the car was originally a red/yellow, but he swapped the wheels out after only a couple thousand miles so it'd most likely be a red RT/10 with aftermarket wheels now. He also said the car was a Henn. car

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see a problem. What we have is a buyer lack of due diligence. The picture of the tread is at the wear bar plain and simple. Those tires are shot plus at least 11 years old. The buyer could have also asked for close up photos of the rim edges. What you did do is get blinders on the fact you had a great price or steal and dropped your guard down. Sorry if you live on ebay this stuff happens all the time. This same thing happened to me with a front fascia as described in excellent condition some years ago.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see a problem. What we have is a buyer lack of due diligence. The picture of the tread is at the wear bar plain and simple. Those tires are shot plus at least 11 years old. The buyer could have also asked for close up photos of the rim edges. What you did do is get blinders on the fact you had a great price or steal and dropped your guard down. Sorry if you live on ebay this stuff happens all the time. This same thing happened to me with a front fascia as described in excellent condition some years ago.

Given his near perfect feedback and the fact he didnt mind giving me his # made him seem trustworthy IMO. He didnt give me a reason to not trust him. I did question the photos and he said all were perfect and the reason he didn't post a pic of the 4th wheel was they all looked the same (perfect) and he didnt worry about posting a pic. Hindsight being 20/20, I now know the reason he didnt post a pic was probably because the 4th was the worst of the set and he couldnt get any pics that concealed the damage.

As for "I don't see a problem."

ANYTIME someone lies and misrepresents a high dollar item, there is a problem. Just because I didnt fly up to CT and personally inspect the wheels or whatever doesnt make it ok for him to rip me off

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about you getting ripped off, Chad - that sux big time.

We Viper owners need to protect each other from things like this happening.

Thanks for posting so we will not find ourselves in the same position you are in. I hope you can this resolved, but sometimes taking it to the internet is the only way to go when the other party won't communicate.

Keep us informed, so if he does do the right thing we might do business with him in the future.

I agree. This club is great for letting everyone know who to trust and who not too. Bobby Sherman is definitly on the "NOT" list. I will send him the link to this thread and invite him to post his side of the story so he will have an opportunity to explain himself.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, that's too bad. Sorry to hear about it. I live in CT. If it was nearby I would've checked them out for you. Any idea where in CT this person lives? Name?

- Tony

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunate but that's the way it is. Buyer needs to request hi-res pics. If the seller doesn't provide them then you gotta be prepared to settle for what you see is what you get.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad, that's too bad. Sorry to hear about it. I live in CT. If it was nearby I would've checked them out for you. Any idea where in CT this person lives? Name?

- Tony

I was thinking the same thing as I also live in CT, I would have checked them out for you as well, but who thinks of that for an ebay purchase.

I agree, I DO see a huge problem with this guy ripping people off no matter the cost of the item, I hope he does take you up on that ofter and come post here and discuss this like a man.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

- Tony

Hey Tony, the Ebay auction said the item location was Shrub Oak, New York, so I think thats where he lives. The wheels were mailed from the business that he works at and/or owns. The business is located in Norwalk, CT. When you call they answer the phone "Sunoco" (so I'd assume its a gas station), but the name of the business on the UPS mailing labels and name I got when I did a reverse lookup on the phone number was "In-Tune Automotive". Name is Bobby Sherman