i hate to say it

boosted349

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well i hate to say it but i just ran a 11.71 @ 126.2 in my 08 zo6 and a 12.01 @ 124.91 in my 06 viper coupe. so far the z06 is by far faster. same track conditions same driver. the z06 is all around a better car but the looks go to the viper for sure. dont hate on me because i am talking down on the viper on a viper web site, but i am stating facts. i did buy the viper first and that is what i drive everyday. both cars are stock except i have put 19 20 wheels on the vette which maybe is why it has a faster mph.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is old news. It's a game of leapfrog. Let's compare same years, shall we? Surely you realize the 08 Viper with 100 more horses and better tires can shave .3 sec. off your time? Z06's are nice cars, as will the ZR1 be when it comes out. But at the moment, the Viper is in the lead. Who knows what it'll be next year?

Just enjoy what you have. :2tu:

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the point that he is making is that the Z06 made no hp changes from 06-08. Therefore the comparisons between the 2 can be made. Thanks for the info. Most viper owners understand that is harder to tap into the Vipers potential than a Vettes. 11.71 at 126.2 in a stock car is fast, no matter who is driving.:2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the point that he is making is that the Z06 made no hp changes from 06-08.

Huh? Where did he make this point? I mean, it's factually correct, but I read nothing that said, "The 06-08 Z06 specs are the same." And how is that relevant to the rest of what he said?

He was slightly disappointed that his new 08 vette beat his 06 Viper by a hair. I don't think there was anymore to read into that post other than just that. Maybe I'm missing something here?:dunno:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i hate to say it but i just ran a 11.71 @ 126.2 in my 08 zo6 and a 12.01 @ 124.91 in my 06 viper coupe. so far the z06 is by far faster. same track conditions same driver. the z06 is all around a better car but the looks go to the viper for sure. dont hate on me because i am talking down on the viper on a viper web site, but i am stating facts. i did buy the viper first and that is what i drive everyday. both cars are stock except i have put 19 20 wheels on the vette which maybe is why it has a faster mph.
Good honest info and its cool you have both top performers. For the money the Vette ZO6 is hard to beat. The 08 Viper may be a little quicker but wait til the 09 ZR1 does some posting. And the battle continues.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe he is upset because he wanted the viper to be faster and it was not. Using your login a 06 viper would beat a 03 because its newer ***.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe he is upset because he wanted the viper to be faster and it was not. Using your login a 06 viper would beat a 03 because its newer ***.

Umm... you DO know that an 08 Viper is quicker than an 06 Viper, right? So although an 06 Viper might not beat an 03 Viper, an 08 will definitely beat an 06 AND an 03.

Therefore, if an 08 Z06 can beat an 06Viper by .3 sec, it is safe to say an 08Viper can beat an 08 Z06. Yes, an 08 Z can beat an 06Viper. We KNOW this already. How's this hard to understand?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now your being silly. Diff. gen cars of course its quicker.

So then what was the point of your first post? The guy NEVER mentioned anything about the difference between an 06 and 08 Z06. Because well... there isn't any.

The comparison can be made and already HAVE been made. That's why it's OLD NEWS. The Z is faster than an 06 Viper. Nobody disputes this. But the 08 is obviously faster... thats the point logical people conclude.

OP
OP
B

boosted349

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i have not driven an 08 viper yet but i am sure it is faster than the 08 z. i am just comparing the cars that i have (08 z vs 06 viper), because there is allways alot of **** talking between the two. but i am not going to count out the viper yet i think that it will go just as fast sooner or later, it is alot harder to drive than the vette.

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly is the point of this tread? Oh wow a vette beat a viper! Not much diffrent than the civic beats lamborghini video i saw on youtube. Some people, (called car enthusiasts) can actually see why a lamborghini is better than a hopped up civic, despite being slower; likewise car enthusiasts, should be able to very easily see why it really doesnt matter if the viper is slower. The corvette is a compelte embaresment to the sports car industry. Never bring a vette to a meet with real cars like Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Vipers becaue nobody wants to waste their time looking at it, must explain why a Z06 was remvoed from a Lambo/Ferrari meet i went to, keep in mind the viper was allowed in

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly is the point of this tread? Oh wow a vette beat a viper! Not much diffrent than the civic beats lamborghini video i saw on youtube. Some people, (called car enthusiasts) can actually see why a lamborghini is better than a hopped up civic, despite being slower; likewise car enthusiasts, should be able to very easily see why it really doesnt matter if the viper is slower. The corvette is a compelte embaresment to the sports car industry. Never bring a vette to a meet with real cars like Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Vipers becaue nobody wants to waste their time looking at it, must explain why a Z06 was remvoed from a Lambo/Ferrari meet i went to, keep in mind the viper was allowed in

A Vette is an embarassment to the sports car industry? Get a life! It began the sports car industry and has won 6 consecutive Americans Lemans Series GT1 class titles and the Z06 is one of the fastest cars ever! The only thing embarassing in this post is your spelling and interpretation of a sports car, get in the real world and out of your fantasy land your living in! I am sure a lot of Viper owners on this site are Vette owners as well and I think most would agree with my summary of this post.

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Vette is an embarassment to the sports car industry? Get a life! It began the sports car industry and has won 6 consecutive Americans Lemans Series GT1 class titles and the Z06 is one of the fastest cars ever! The only thing embarassing in this post is your spelling and interpretation of a sports car, get in the real world and out of your fantasy land your living in! I am sure a lot of Viper owners on this site are Vette owners as well and I think most would agree with my summary of this post.

One of the first things a sports car should do, is exite you. The vette, being a low quality mass production chevy, is about as exiting as a....Tibruon. The next thing a sports car should have is good interior, both the feeling of it and the quality. The vette not only has cheap all plastic interior, but it feels like your sitting in a nissan altima with its non-bucket seats, a good way to describe it is "not special". Exlusivity is also very important, the vette isnt in anyway exclusive, with its 25,000 a year production count. These things arnt really my opinion, its just the way the vette is viewed in the automotive market, go drive one outside of a mall and see how much intrest it creates. Now im not really in a mood for a stupid argument, i would like to have a legit conversation, so please, tell me what exactly you 'like' about a corvette, i would like to know

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, i really dont think the average Viper owners cares for a corvette, in all honesty vipers fit in better with passionate cars like Lamborghinis and Ferraris. The Corvette goes really well with a hopped up mustang

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the first things a sports car should do, is exite you. The vette, being a low quality mass production chevy, is about as exiting as a....Tibruon. The next thing a sports car should have is good interior, both the feeling of it and the quality. The vette, has not only has cheap all plastic interior, but it feels like your sitting in a nissan altima with its non-bucket seats, a good way to describe it is "not special". Exlusivity is also very important, the vette isnt in anyway exclusive, with its 25,000 a year production count. These things arnt really my opinion, its just the way the vette is viewed in the automotive market, go drive one outside of a mall and see how much intrest it creates. Now im not really in a mood for a stupid argument, i would like to have a legit conversation, so please, tell me what exactly you 'like' about a corvette, i would like to know

Well let me see? How about its performance? I own many cars, currently my late model cars include Porsche GT2 and Ford GT and I have an ACR due in any day at Woodhouse and of course a Z06. I think the cars I just listed with the exception of the Z06 would meet all the criteria you just listed above for a IN CAR, not to mention I have owned several Ferrari's from Test's to 360 Modena and everything in between. So let me sum it up this way, looks they are subjective, I like the looks of a Z06 and I would agree with you that some of the parts on the interior of the car are not Ford Gt or Ferrari or Porsche quality but neither is the price, but on a racetrack where I like to be the Z06 will run with them all and in totally stock form will run away from most! At a buy in of around 70k with supercar performance let me ask you, whats not to like? I don't care what the in crowd thinks of my status when I am in my Z06 or any other car for that matter I don't buy my cars to impress other people I buy them to impress me. Although the few times when the Lambo's or Ferrari's get next to me on the racetrack they are usually the ones impressed by the beat down they were just subjected to and on more than one occasion they next time they showed up at the track they were driving the same car as me and I can promise you I wasn't the one who changed cars! Me myself I like all cars I am not hung up on who makes them and I am not going to dwell on eachs shortcomings as all cars have some, I base my decision on price, looks and performance, street and track combined. Everyone choose's a car for a different reason but just because you don't like it doesn't make your opinion anymore legitimate than it would make a Ferrari hater or Viper haters opinion more legitimate than yours. If you would of said you hate vettes I wouldn't of even responded to your post as that is your opinion but when you make such an insane statement about one of the best Sport Cars of all time I just felt you need a little education before you embarass yourself any further! Oh and I guess you know all the average Viper Owners? Let me clue you in, before their were Vipers their were Corvettes and they were the ultimate American Sports cars and many of my Viper buddies sold their Vettes to buy Vipers or added Vipers to their stable next to their ZR1's and vintage vettes, myself included. Man do your homework before you make yourself look so ignorant!

Last edited:

caseyse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am sure a lot of Viper owners on this site are Vette owners as well and I think most would agree with my summary of this post.

Yup, 918 HP C5 here. I love my '08 Viper (Bellangers, Penske tripple adj., 3.33 rear, Sidewidners, Stoptech Rotors, 151 Lbs weight loss), but I grew-up wrenching on Chevy's, and will always appreciate the first American Sports Car!

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, very well said and just watched the National Geographic TV show on factories which showed the plant and building of the ZO6. Looked very similar to the CAAP production line.

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, preformance is about half of the equation, the car also has to be special in some way. Most pro corvette arguments, like yours, are basiclly that it is a 70k car that runs with supercars, well i agree with you totally then. Then why might i ask, do all viper lovers hate the GTR? the GTR smokes a vette in preformance, and costs less..but i will say out loud that i hate the GTR, despite its huge preformance, it was a shockingly boring car to see in real life. I cannot dream about a car that lacks soul to such an extent, i also think the porsche 911 has the same problem, as well as the corvette. So just like the GTR and 911, yes, it has a epic history, but i have no intrest in them, So i get frustrated when there are topics like "Z06 beats Viper" and im trying to make the point thats not all that matters - i can see im about to lose this argument so im going to quit

GTSRboy2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What i am trying to say is if you like corvettes, assuming your not biased torwards american cars, you must also love the GTR, because they follow the same concept, big preformance, low price, DD capability...and all end up pretty boring. I opt for the Viper/Lamborghini approach, because in my mind, thats the heart of a sports car, not a DD, not boring to look at. And as we see with the Viper, 70k is enough to get you preformance and passion, soooo thats why i dislike corvettes, GTR's and 911's, its almost as if they said "to hell with the fun, lets make it good for groceries"

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, preformance is about half of the equation, the car also has to be special in some way. Most pro corvette arguments, like yours, are basiclly that it is a 70k car that runs with supercars, well i agree with you totally then. Then why might i ask, do all viper lovers hate the GTR? the GTR smokes a vette in preformance, and costs less..but i will say out loud that i hate the GTR, despite its huge preformance, it was a shockingly boring car to see in real life. I cannot dream about a car that lacks soul to such an extent, i also think the porsche 911 has the same problem, as well as the corvette. So just like the GTR and 911, yes, it has a epic history, but i have no intrest in them, So i get frustrated when there are topics like "Z06 beats Viper" and im trying to make the point thats not all that matters - i can see im about to lose this argument so im going to quit

Let get the facts straight this wasn't an argument about what beats what, it was an opinion on a factually incorrect statement made by you! And for the record I don't believe the GTR can live up to all the claims made by the rags and when it hits the tracks and its putting up the numbers they mags claim then I will give it its due. Until then its just magazine hype! I will say you are correct when you say performance isn't all that matters to some people as that is true and thats why they make all the different make and models they do, but I think calling the Corvette, which is one of the most successful sports cars of all time in any catagory a car can be measured in, an embarassment to the sports car community is that itself an embarassment and that is where this thread began and should end!

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most people agree that the vette lacks exclusivity and may not stir the emotions like other exotics. It was the harsh criticism about the Z06's merits the ruffled some peoples feathers.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may think Ferrari's are exclusive, but they produced around 20,000 355/360's. With only anecdotal evidence, I'd say that most enthusiasts and Viper owners would view the Z06 (and soon the ZR1) as the main "competitor" of recent Vipers, both in terms of performance and sales.

I appreciate the OP's comparo, especially since he owns and enjoys both, and was able to drive them more or less back to back at the same track. So it's not an '08 - so what? It was a non-scientific comparison of two 500hp American supercars.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may think Ferrari's are exclusive, but they produced around 20,000 355/360's. With only anecdotal evidence, I'd say that most enthusiasts and Viper owners would view the Z06 (and soon the ZR1) as the main "competitor" of recent Vipers, both in terms of performance and sales. .

True. I see a lot more Ferraris in my neighborhood than Vipers. More Porsches than anything, even Vettes.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most people agree that the vette lacks exclusivity and may not stir the emotions like other exotics. It was the harsh criticism about the Z06's merits the ruffled some peoples feathers.

Yeah... we agree there too. Vettes are great cars, and I'm glad it's spanking a lot of the euro and *** trash out there with us! We're on the same team.... but we (Vipers) just look better. :D :usa:

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
When I go out on a summer day I can see 50 corvettes and 0 or maybe maybe 1 viper, 1 ferrari, 1 lambo, etc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth