I mounted my old tires on the garage wall.

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cut one of my old rear tires in half and mounted them on the wall of my garage and put a shelf between them.

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0735.JPG

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the age of the tire...JK!

Looks great, perfect touch for the garage.

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How hard was that to cut? You must be some kind of rude monster cuz tires is very very strong. WOW.:omg:

It was a ***** to cut.... I did use a sawzall, but the rubber just wanted to move back and forth with the blade. I finally clamped a block of wood in the tire (where the wheel would be) and it was much easier.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They could serve as a base for a round glass coffe table in a man's den.I kept one in case some of my friends want to do one in the future.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to check the date codes. Even though there is still lots of tread, the rubber might have been heat cycled too many times. You would not want to put to much weight on that shelve. Probably OK for light use, but if you really want to load up the shelf, you will want some current rubber up there.

Kidding of course. Looks great. Very clever.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to check the date codes. Even though there is still lots of tread, the rubber might have been heat cycled too many times. You would not want to put to much weight on that shelve. Probably OK for light use, but if you really want to load up the shelf, you will want some current rubber up there.

niiiice :lmao:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a ***** to cut.... I did use a sawzall, but the rubber just wanted to move back and forth with the blade. I finally clamped a block of wood in the tire (where the wheel would be) and it was much easier.
sfm, if you would have just had A Video of you cutting them, Now that would have been worth its weight in Gold! Very Unique, first time I've ever seen that set-up.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait a minute...just realized how much tread is still on that tire...and confused. That was a Viper tire, wasn't it? ...How can that be? Was it only one month old, or what? It looks like you could have driven it for at least two more weeks.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you could paint tire marks down the wall and airbrush some smoke on it too.

Great look

Bruce

NSviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Idea. Now I've just got to wait a couple of years for some shelving. To match the coffee table. Ha

OP
OP
S

sfm79

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait a minute...just realized how much tread is still on that tire...and confused. That was a Viper tire, wasn't it? ...How can that be? Was it only one month old, or what? It looks like you could have driven it for at least two more weeks.

Yes Allan, the tires look new but they are 7 years old. I've read too many stories about spin outs and they say "the tires looked good".

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave