I moved to the dark side--bought a Vette

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have my cherished GTS, but yesterday I added a Vette Coupe to the fleet. Nice car--maybe a daily driver, haven't decided. Ain't no snake when you mash the pedal, but nice.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries! I'm looking to sell my miata and get ANOTHER vette. No, they aren't a viper and don't compare in terms of handling, power and most importantly driver "thrill" but they are still a nice car, especially for the $.

They are a great car for a daily driver no doubt.

italian1nj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If "for the money" is a consideration then I must disagree. I got my Viper for less then the Z06 I was looking at and there are some great deals to bad had still on Vipers. After three months of RT/10 driving I am looking at adding a GTS. I have my eye on a ACR for 55k. So as I said there are great deals out there. That said, Vettes have a certain mystique in the American car culture and therefor are certainly something that will always be popular, just not a Viper. Later :)

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new chick car! Contrary to the vocal minority, it is not "fashionable" in 2003 to be ***...Please tell me you also own something along the lines of a manly 4x4 truck or SUV... :eek:

Please post pics of your truck...as proof you haven't gone too far...to the "other" side! :D

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have fun at the dealership!! I've had nothing but problems with my C5. Shoulda bought a third Viper instead. Gerald, I have a bad @ss 4x4 truck. ;)

OP
OP
viperdrummer

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a Z06, just a standard coupe and, for shame, an automatic (so the Mrs can drive) And, yes, I do have a manly SUV as well, and a very unmanly Odyessey minivan. This is a typical car guy story. I go in to buy my daughter a nice, used car, and spot the Vette and am end up doing do a 2for.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a Z06, just a standard coupe and, for shame, an automatic (so the Mrs can drive) And, yes, I do have a manly SUV as well, and a very unmanly Odyessey minivan. This is a typical car guy story. I go in to buy my daughter a nice, used car, and spot the Vette and am end up doing do a 2for.

LOL!

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pluses in having a vette vs viper as a daily driver.
1)better gas mileage.
2)less miles on the viper.
3)nobody cares your driving it.
4)don't have to worry about leaving it for extended period of time.
5)you appreciate the viper that much more.

DOUGLAS

RockStar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
minuses in having a vette vs viper as a daily driver,

1)driving a vette instead of the viper
2)driving a vette
3)not driving the viper
Did I leave anything out????

Greg

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pluses in having a vette vs viper as a daily driver.
1)better gas mileage.
2)less miles on the viper.
3)nobody cares your driving it.
4)don't have to worry about leaving it for extended period of time.
5)you appreciate the viper that much more.

DOUGLAS

I drive mine daily, and the plusses are:
1. I don't care about the gas mileage :)
2. I don't care about the mileage (got a 100k warranty) :)
3. I don't care about others' caring about what I'm driving :)
4. I don't care about where I leave it for extended periods of time :)
5. I don't care about using it less to appreciate it more, I drive it more and get to appreciate it more as a result! :)

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2)driving a vette
3)not driving the viper

Greg

The whole *** thing...you left that out...Driving a vette is *** (Unless you're a chick!)...Kinda like sporting a 3 series beemer! :cool:

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
boy u guys are tough on this poor guy. better not piss him off because he could always just mod the crap out of his vette and pull up next to your stock viper at a stop light and blow your doors off right in front of your lady friend. by the time u get done modding your viper to race him again he problem has moved on and u are 2 late. btw, viperdrummer i added a new vette to my ever changing and growing stable of cars 2. i just put a deposit down today on a new 2004 z06. the cars is already built, i got a vin #. it is being shipped out to arizona next week from the assembly plant in bowling green, kentucky. it is the comemorative lemans blue edition w/ the multi colored red and silver stripes on it. i sold my 450 hp 1997 corvette 2 weeks ago to fund this purchase. i will mod it to 500 n/a smog legal horsepower and run it on 91 octane. any stock viper that wants 2 race me on the street better have mods or i am gonna humiliate the crap out of them. lol!!! anyway, if i do get beat by a modded viper on the street i can always take my snake out of its cage and come back and give em a taste of their own medicine. lmfao!!! i got a set of t&d 1.7 ratio roller rockers sitting in my garage that will be going on the snake when i pull my heads to port and polish them. i will also be milling the heads 2 get 10:1 compression ratio. i will be making in excess of 500 rwhp on 91 octane. i will be putting a nitrous kit on to attack the 1 mile high speed runs that are so popular now. in the meantime i will see all u wanna be racers at the track, er i mean stoplight. until then keep talkin smack. do i hear a drum roll or is that just my local dyno?
chevy, dodge, ford....... its all good :usa:

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2)driving a vette
3)not driving the viper

Greg

The whole *** thing...you left that out...Driving a vette is *** (Unless you're a chick!)...Kinda like sporting a 3 series beemer! :cool:

OK, I was going to stay quiet, until I read the bimmer comment. Never heard of the 3 series bimmer being a chick car... does it count that I have a manly air intake on it :) ?

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a 96 C4 and I use it for everyday driving. It's automatic, get's 21+ mpg around town.
I made a couple of runs at the drags just for fun, did 13.8 at 102 without anything but driving it off the line like it was the street.
That's not bad for an ordinary grocery getter.

You guys know what kind of attention the Viper gets, I sort of expect people to say something about the Viper. Well every so often someone will say something nice about my C4. I'm always surprised and then I remember that most people think a C4 is really cool.

Being able to have a Viper is cool. Having a Viper and a Vette just for everyday is very cool.
Two Vipers would be cool too. Of course then I would still need something for every day.

I also have a manly Suburban. The wife has an Aztek, I know, it look's like some kind of military cable laying vehicle.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

2)driving a vette
3)not driving the viper

Greg

now Gerald when you had a vette before you could afford a viper did you think you were ***? let's be nice to the weaker links. :D

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C4/C5...possible chick cars, especially with auto. Exclude ZO6..very respectable. Now, real men who own Vipers and also own Vettes own C3 BIG BLOCKS, and if you ain't been there you would swear the founding fathers of Viper rode around in C3 big blocks for a looong time saying...how can we make the Viper feel like this.
Joe, on another note....BIG mistake letting these hyenas know you have an AZTEK. I mean you went from Vette to Aztek. WHooo, that is a slippery slope with these guys around waiting to jump. And I bet they will ummmmm, probably, uhh, have something to say about it being, uuhhh, perhaps, gayer even than a Vette? You are a braver man than I.

RockStar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The *** comment was Gerald's, not mine. I had a vette before the viper, and would probably buy another vette, but for the fact that I know I would never drive it. I like cruising in the Escalade Ext, and when its nice out, I drive the viper. Bottom line, I believe you should drive cars, and the viper is the only car I want to drive. I was just joking with the minuses of viper vs vette. Don't want to offend anyone on this board ya know. :smirk:

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having a 'vette for daily driver duty and a Viper for the weekends is pretty cool...course, my 'vette is kinda special. ;)

Go Hogs Go!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang man, just when I thought you were making up with all the Vette boys. I'll tell you one thing though, if I could swing it I'd have a Vette, 350X, Supra Twin Turbo, Honda TRX450R Quad, and pretty much anything else that goes fast and looks cool.

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok everyone - lets relax. Nothing ****** me off more than one car fan making fun of another car fans car, blah blah blah. I'm on these forums and mustang forums, and its so funny to hear arguments between car lovers.

Cars are cars guys - I love anything that is fast. I love domestics. I love imports. Even little 4 ****** turbo cars, I love them. I even love 4 cylinder Vtechs like Integra GSR. I like a huge amount of cars for exactly what they are, and any other car lover should be the same.

Tomorrow I'm going to the auction with my business partner (currently drives a mustang) to hopefully get an auto corvette convertible for him. I'm sure the car will get eyes, and he will probably only pay between 23k-28k for a C5 vert with around 20-40k miles. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C4/C5...possible chick cars, especially with auto. Exclude ZO6..very respectable. Now, real men who own Vipers and also own Vettes own C3 BIG BLOCKS, and if you ain't been there you would swear the founding fathers of Viper rode around in C3 big blocks for a looong time saying...how can we make the Viper feel like this.

I have a '68 Big Block vert. 4spd (doing a Viper T-56 swap soon) and side exhaust in the garage, I couldn't agree with you more. :D

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, on another note....BIG mistake letting these hyenas know you have an AZTEK. I mean you went from Vette to Aztek. WHooo, that is a slippery slope with these guys around waiting to jump. And I bet they will ummmmm, probably, uhh, have something to say about it being, uuhhh, perhaps, gayer even than a Vette? You are a braver man than I.

You forgot "exclude Z06 and ZR1s..."

;)

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider a 'Vette ***. It's simply a CHEVY, and that is far worse than any gender-confused moniker that can be attached to it.

***? Z3 and "M" coupe. Who cares what's under the hood. Those things just scream "bugger me."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth