I went to the unveiling of the new 911.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the title says, I went to the unveiling of the new Porsche 911 last night, at Boardwalk Porsche. What an event!
Say what you will about the car, but the event was 1st class. They had a live band, fully catered in multiple locations around the dealership, full bars with premium liquor at multiple locations around the dealership. Porsche North America representatives, not to mention well informed spokes models, everywhere.

I bring this up because we have an event coming up to take the wraps off the Gen 5 car soon.

I have always been less than impressed with the customer/dealer experience with regard to the Viper. Basically they treat you and care for you the same way they do the guy getting the oil changed on his minivan.

I'm not a priss and I don't need my a$$ kissed too much but really?!The Viper is a $100K halo car. The ownership experience should be a breed apart.

Just my 2 cents.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When the SoCal VCA was invited to the SRT unvieling of the new line of cars, and yellow Jacket/SuperBee they had a special hollywood style tent set up for us across from the Autoshow Entrance.

They had a top shelf bar set up with tuxedo clad bartenders. They provided all you could eat serving stations and were catered by Wolfgang Puck. They had a DJ with outstanding sound setup, theater lighting, and a full complement of SRT engineers and executives to mingle and answer questions, as well as learn our desires and reactions to their present and future products.

They had their own private, and free parking for the attendees. You had free access to the full line newly refreshed SRT vehicles.

We were treated like honored guests, with lounge seating, carpeting, with wandering servers to cater to our every wish.

One of the SRT team said they were doing this in appreciation of their existing customers, and to do a trial run before the unveiling of the next generation Viper.

Seeing the venue for the SOHO VCA event, I believe SRT is pulling out all the stops to provide an enjoyable experience for the Viper Faithful.

Don't really care what Porsche people do : >}

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounded like a great event :1up:

The Viper IS a Supercar, I'm sure SRT will step up to the plate and give the car a Great Launch :)

The amount of Supercar events I get invited to in the UK is fantastic, and that's through owning my Gen 2 Viper.

OP
OP
G

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for no pictures. Who the hell wants pictures of a bunch of Porsches anyway?! :rolaugh:

I'm sure the SOHO event will be a NYC worthy event. However, I wonder about the events planned for the rest of the country.
And NYC?! Really?!
NYC is not a car culture town. In NYC having a car is a pain in the a$$. And a Viper on those streets?!:crazy2: Pa-lease! Whereas the rest of the country you need a car, use one everyday. I would think Ralph and the boys would know that.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, Ralph knows it. I know they wanted the Detroit show, but the car wasn't ready. This is pretty much the last of the "big" shows early in the year. LA is after the car is out the door. So Just a timing decision, just the expense of doing it in NY is a drag, but I don't see a choice really.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets