If price was the same, would you go Coupe or Vert??

K

Kaya

I would always pick a coupe over vert because I drag race my cars.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coupes look better, period. That being said, ever since we moved from the Palm Desert, California region to north coast San Diego I only buy verts. From a driving/use perspective, it becomes another car different than the one with the top on and much more enjoyable to drive for me. My 2005 has a roll bar.
Larry

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a tuffy. The coupes haven't grown on me that much, but for the track, I'm sure there fantastic.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the coupe, test drove a copperhead, and driveing with the top down, just wasn't for me.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to see which one I would do I went and drove around in my car with the top on on a nice warm sunny afternoon...I would defenetly go vert again :D

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned 4 convertibles, including my Viper. I love top-down motoring and wouldn't trade my convertible for a coupe, even though the coupe is the better track car.

OP
OP
V

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess a vert could be better for me. Halfway through college and already doin my viper planning :2tu:

besides, the vert prices will probably be closer to my range than the new coupes.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having an open high performance car is the best of the best for me. I like the Viper coupe as well, just not as much as the convertible. :laugh:

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could one of you guys please post pictures of your rollbar installed on a SRT10? , or just pm me, thanks! sorry to change the subject.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Convertible. You can always add a hardtop if you want.

For the racing comments out there that think you must have a coupe for racing how do you explain F1, Indy, Champ, etc?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Convertible. You can always add a hardtop if you want.

For the racing comments out there that think you must have a coupe for racing how do you explain F1, Indy, Champ, etc?

That can't be a serious question.

COUPE.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not "must" just "better" for sports car racing. Purpose built open cockpit racecars have a much lower center of gravity and are built with appropriate safety measures.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great question. I've always like the aggressive styling of a coupe, moreso than the vert. However, recently having seen the red vert w/ silver stripes may have changed my mind. I've never owned a convertible, but if I ever do, it would definitely be an SRT-10 - the very BEST convertible car in my opinion! I'm sure you guys just love those on 75 degree, sunny days.

1 cole

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vert we live in Wi. on cool days we put the top down ,turn the heat on and go. Also not enough head room in the coupe for our Rottweiler. Go for it,the keys are in the ignition.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< For the racing comments out there that think you must have a coupe for racing how do you explain F1, Indy, Champ, etc? >>

on the other side of that coin, there is a reason NASCAR banned convertibles like they used to run a long time ago.

everything else aside, the convertibles just looked weird.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nascar. That is funny. Like you still have the carburetor, distributor, flat tappet camshaft, etc? Are they still running the Ford Fairmont chassis? :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62