If you have a new Viper, get on Twitter

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I strongly urge anyone who doesn't have a twitter to get on it. SRT and Ralph both love the platform and use it extensively.

The benefit to you will be, any issues you run into the the car, you can quickly communicate up the chain.

SRT uses Twitter to its advantage for marketing, you'll want to use it for marketing your issues (let's hope there aren't any) to SRT and Ralph.

I also suggest following other Viper owners. If another owner runs into an issue - retweet it!! Retweets = more visibility for everyone.

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I've never had a Twitter account but I signed up to follow.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, Twitter is where all titans of industry communicate with others in short, random thought sentences when dealing with complex issues and situations.

Apparently Ferrari, Bentley and Rolls Royce all communicate with their customers this way......:rolleyes:

George

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, Twitter is where all titans of industry communicate with others in short, random thought sentences when dealing with complex issues and situations.

Apparently Ferrari, Bentley and Rolls Royce all communicate with their customers this way......:rolleyes:

George
Thank you for contributing nothing to this thread.

The simple fact is, Ralph is easily accessible through this medium. And yes, titans of industry do communicate via Twitter to resolve many customer service issues. AMEX is a perfect example. Pretty ****ty small company, right?

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for contributing nothing to this thread.

The simple fact is, Ralph is easily accessible through this medium. And yes, titans of industry do communicate via Twitter to resolve many customer service issues. AMEX is a perfect example. Pretty ****ty small company, right?

The simple fact is SRT has sold so few GEN 5's that if Ralph spent 1 hour a day and talked to each customer waiting for their car for 5 minutes, he could have personally communicated with 240 paying customers in 20 working days. If each Gen 5 sale averages $110k, that would work out to $26.4 million in sales. Although that will not make or break Chrysler, it is a noticeable chunk of change. You obviously have not been to a VCA meeting lately and noticed the demographics (age-wise) of perspective Gen 5 buyers. AMEX is taking care of millions of clients (young and old), not a few hundred. Amex customers probably average $2k to 3K balances on their account, not six figures purchases. You say Ralph is accessible, but do you really get any real answers to tough questions on twitter...no, not even close. If their were answers, many would not be cancelling their Gen 5 orders. At this point, even a personal email would work since most who have the means to afford a new Gen 5 live by that communication medium. Twitter may work for SRT as a mass marketing tool, but the Viper and it's owner is in a different class. Don't think so?....then twitter is for you.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking things a bit personal. I don't care if you want to use Twitter or not. I simply put it out there as a means to reach them. If you don't care - then fine. Go start another thread to complain about it. I am trying to help others with reality - not what you think SRT should be doing - because you won't find me in disagreement with how they have dropped the ball.

Yes, I think Ralph should have called everyone that preordered personally. But he hasn't.

And yes, I have gotten answers to "tough questions" on Twitter from him. So, not quite sure what you think you know or don't.

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I know several people that contacted high ups on Twitter to solve a problem. It is a legitimate means to get heard by the right people.

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I know several people that contacted high ups on Twitter to solve a problem. It is a legitimate means to get heard by the right people.

:)

All that matters is it helps someone.

I agree we shouldn't have to run to twitter to get results. But, I live and work in reality where you use the tools you have, not the tools you wish you had.

Hopefully SRT will improve, but twitter is fantastic because it IS public where everyone can read it.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph is the CEO, he is a busy man. I don't expect the CEO to call me, but SRT should have had a customer service type person representing them on this site. Answering questions about delays, parts shortages, updates on builds, etc... That isn't too much to ask. We shouldn't have to rely on Twitter, when we have a site dedicated to their vehicle that is endorsed by SRT.

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great idea. Just signed up yesterday. Lots of good viper, SRT and mopar content. Thanks for sharing the idea!

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph is the CEO, he is a busy man. I don't expect the CEO to call me, but SRT should have had a customer service type person representing them on this site. Answering questions about delays, parts shortages, updates on builds, etc... That isn't too much to ask. We shouldn't have to rely on Twitter, when we have a site dedicated to their vehicle that is endorsed by SRT.
The problem is, all the SRT staff have other jobs within Chrysler and only volunteer their time to work on SRT things (iirc)

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't have a new Viper, but I do have a 2003. Viper. I signed up for Twitter just now, and am following Ralph and Drive SRT. Now I just need somthing to tweet!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth