IL VCA Annual Winter Fest Party!! Feb 13th!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Viper Club of Illinois Winter Fest Party!!

Special Valentine’s Day Event!
February 13th, 2010 – 6:00pm-11:00pm
(Cocktail Hour from 6:00pm-7:00pm)

Every year the IL VCA hosts a huge annual club party for its members. Though our cars are in hibernation, it’s a festive time for our group as we reflect on the last season and look ahead to another incredible year! It’s always a memorable evening, drawing members from far and wide as the largest gathering of the year!

As usual, we’ve put together a host of fun stuff for everyone which includes dinner, raffles, merchandise, and awards. We’ve also taken it a step further this year as the first year we’re having a live concert playing our favorite cover music! Of course many free goodies and some fantastic shopping for Viper stuff! This year we’ll only be doing a silent auction so as not to take away from our free time. And yes, free goodie bags (1 per registered group) that you’ll thoroughly enjoy! There will also be an awesome centerpiece giveaway too! No other club does it like us!!

This party will also have special significance as it will be a Valentine’s day event! We’ve planned it on a Saturday since many folks will want to bring their significant other and spend a night or two at one of the best hotels in the area. We’ve kept in mind the great distances some will travel and we’ve planned a great venue that will include our dinner banquet and also have hotel accommodations on premises for your convenience.

It makes for a very comfortable and convenient weekend getaway! Many folks make a complete weekend of it. And the next day is a great time to hit the Chicago Auto Show at McCormick Place on its opening weekend!Don't be surprised if you bump into club members, every year we go to the show in force!

We’re at a new location this year, it’s a great venue – the Schaumburg Marriot Hotel! As a convenience for you, a number of rooms have been blocked off for our club. Contact the Marriot directly if you would like accommodations for any evening. Great rates for us at only $89/per night!! Mention the Viper Club when calling.
The hotel is very easy to find, just off of 290 and Higgins (72). Free self parking is available on all of their lots surrounding the hotel. Valet parking is also available for $10. The hotel has a covered drop off for guests if the weather is bad. And of course it's always nice to hear Viper engines in the winter for those brave enough to bring them out!

Feel free to dress smart casual or better for the evening, nothing terribly formal – Viperware is also always acceptable!! We’re expecting a large group and we have many surprises in store! Simply fill out the registration and mail it with your check.
If you have donations or contributions you wish to make for the event, feel free to contact us beforehand, we always appreciate your good will and help in making these events exciting. We hope to see you at the party!!! You can reach us by email at [email protected] or call our hot-line at (630) 415-3642.

Menu for the Evening

For Starters
Chef Select Butler Passed Hors D’oeuvres for the first hour
Coffee, Decaf, Hot Tea, Assorted Sodas & Bottled Water
Cream of Chicken Rice & Garden Salad

Plated dinner
4 choices:

Filet of Beef - Tender meat with a Merlot reduction
Amish Chicaken - Free range ****** of chicken served with a light spinach cream sauce
Herb Crusted Salmon - Tender fish with Chervil sauce
Asparagus Risotto - Fresh asparagus, wild mushrooms, and sun dried tomatoes

Included Drinks
Coffee, Decaf, Hot Tea, Assorted Sodas & Bottled Water (cash bar also available)

Dessert
Full service desseert table - Various cakes, pastries, cheesecake, fruit tarts, turtle bars, eclairs, and tiramisu

Just click here for the registration form. Please get your forms in quickly!
http://www.illinoisvipers.com/documents/2010/2010 Winter Fest Flyer.pdf

We always have a few little tricks up our sleeve. We hope to see you there as it's one of the largest gatherings we have each year!​

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question. Since we're getting more amd more kids, we've worked out a deal with the hotel. Kids up to 12 years old pay $15/ each. So simply add it to the reg form.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to make this event and possibly drive in with our fearless leader from Kansas. However, my friends' printer does not work and I may have a problem getting my money to you on time.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>possibly drive in with our fearless leader from Kansas<<<
That's something! :D

El Presidente coming :2tu:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to make this event and possibly drive in with our fearless leader from Kansas. However, my friends' printer does not work and I may have a problem getting my money to you on time.

hey see if Alex will let ya' email your info and bring your $:D

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are beasts!

This weekend was actually dedicated to preparing for the party. Today was a goodie bag packing day along with a superbowl party. We had a blast. You guys are going to love the goodie bags this year - the bags themselves are killer.

Yes indeed you can just email me the info or scan your registration to me. while we encourage early registrations (and you guys have been AWESOME this year) we always make room for those who need to sneak in last moment. So yes, get the info to us and send payment. As long as I have a firm commitment you'll be there, it won't be a problem.

One week left!!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI - the block of reserved rooms is gone, but we were able to still book a room. rooms were still available as of a few days ago.

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an FYI on the room you got.

We were aware of them but choose not to take that category of room because they said they wouldn't be of the same quality (no view, low floor, far from concessions, sometimes smaller, some not yet renovated, etc…). But we mainly chose not to use them for the block because they aren't refundable. We figured for the $10 more it was worth it.

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wasn't saying it was a waste of money, I only found them when I called and said they were full. However, it was a refundable room when I made the reservation. Lucky for me I didn't get one of those you mentioned! ;) Newly renovated (granite everywhere, HDTV, full internet/HDMI/AV hookups in the desk, and 8th floor)!