IL VCA Fall Cruise - Oct 16th & 17th!!!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Final Cruise of the Year is at Hand!!

It's going to be the last hurrah for our group as the near future will mean cooler weather and ultimately hibernation for the snakes. So we're going to make sure the cars get their legs stretched and we throw some real meaning behind the word "cruise". We have put together a marvelous cruise with an optional 2nd day and it's going to take us to a popular vacation hideaway in the Midwest... Galena, Illinois!!

We've assembled an excellent vacation style cruise that will really get us acquainted with this popular weekend hot spot. Our cruise, which was initially planned for September 18th, has been moved to October 16th (with a 2nd day Mississippi river event on Sunday the 17th)! We're heading to galena during its single most popular weekend! The leaves will be turning colors, spectators will be out, and we have some marvelous IL Club style activities planned. Day 2 is just as good as the first and also includes a boat ride on the Mississippi! This is really going to be a wild weekend and we're calling all Vipers as we're going to be covering some serious ground and hope to see the entire gang come out of the woodwork!

The cost of Day 1 is being subsidized by the IL VCA to make it more affordable, it's only $30 per person (same cost for the kiddies). Day 2 includes several activities (and we'll be sure to end early so there is still a little Sunday left) and we're going to pay as we go.

You can download a full write-up on the days events by clicking: http://www.illinoisvipers.com/documents/2010/Fall Cruise 2010.pdf

You can also visit the website for details at: The Pit: Cruises: Event Information (Viper Club of America - Illinois Region).

Please get your forms in by Oct 10th. Also keep in mind if you want to do Day 2, you need to make your hotel reservation by Sept 30th!

We're going to have a good time as we hit the gas one last time!! See you there!

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, did they translate my letter by telegraph! I couldn't even recognize the words.

The cruise is shaping up to be a VERY nice one. Lots of people will be in attendance and the location is perfect. Reminders will go out shortly.

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a friend call me last night from east of Platteville and they heard on the local news about "all the Vipers coming to Galena". Must be creating some buzz!

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait to see everyone! Should be a great weekend, looks like gorgeous weather:) I hear the hotel is pretty awsome.

Thank you Alex and Nancy for squeezing in a few of us 'last minute' people, says a lot about this group.

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tons of fun so far!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott, you missed the part where a cop pulled all ~30 cars for no front plate. Yes, that is right, as about 10 cars passed him, he came out with his lights signalling us to pull over. Having learnt how many cars are cruising together and how many tickets he will have to write, he let us go. LOL

Wedge500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Scott, you missed the part where a cop pulled all ~30 cars for no front plate. Yes, that is right, as about 10 cars passed him, he came out with his lights signalling us to pull over. Having learnt how many cars are cruising together and how many tickets he will have to write, he let us go. LOL

Thats Hilarious!!!! :lmao:

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, never in the history of our club had that ever happened. Kind of entertaining. In hindsight I wish I took more pics. I was at the front of the group and watching closely which way this was going to turn and forgot to take a few pics.

Great time! Website's been updated.

Thanks for a great year guys!

ViperCollector

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I would have LOVED to see photos of that - one for the history books. Alas, I hadn't joined up with the group yet as I met up just outside of Elizabeth. Heard all about it though and can only imagine that poor cop and all that paperwork he was facing!

Mike 123

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of the group pulled over for no front plate?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456