I'm glad DC did the SRT! Here's why-

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I\'m glad DC did the SRT! Here\'s why-

1. It's a fast, wild looking car, and a true convertible.

2. It handles even better than our beloved GTSs and RTs, imagine that!

3. It's got a whopping 500hp, and 525 lbft torque, according to the placard at the LA auto show.

This combination of factors will force the world press to stop denigrating the Viper, and they will have to give credit where it is due. Let the great American sports car roll on!!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'m glad DC did the SRT! Here\'s why-

Thank you DC! For all the reasons listed and more.

Reaction score

When the press finds out we bought "A Dodge" (close to a $100K no less) their all going to reference us as "Certifiably Crazy." I love it when I tell people ... "I bought a 2003 Viper" they ask... "how much?" I say... "I DON'T KNOW???"
laugh.gif
!

Thank you DC for a continuation of a wonderful product and passion!

Doug
smile.gif

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Supercharged Vipers:
When the press finds out we bought "A Dodge" (close to a $100K no less) their all going to reference us as "Certifiably Crazy." I love it when I tell people ... "I bought a 2003 Viper" they ask... "how much?" I say... "I DON'T KNOW???"
laugh.gif
!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey, that's the spirit!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Agree with the original post, and wanted to add...

I think it's pretty darn cool of Dodge to give us first shot at buying this car. Heaven knows they would have saved themselves paperwork, frustration, and busywork by NOT doing the certificate program, but they did extra work just so we could buy these cars first. You don't see that sort of commitment from car companies nowadays!

Second, I think it's equally great that they care what we think. While we can moan about the styling, they gave us 95% of what we asked for, and I think the hardtop could give us the other 5% (if they do it right!). Did Vette owners get ANY feedback on the next Vette? How about Porsche owners - do they ask THEM - "What do you want guys?". No, they don't.

Finally, the fact that we have ACCESS to PVO and the Viper engineers is awesome! If we have real problems - like dealer will not warranty sidesill repairs, or car is doing something that is baffling the dealer, there are people that can get answers directly from the guys that designed and engineered these cars. That's another wonderful reason to buy this car and be part of this club.

P.S. I still think all us SRT buyers should pitch in and send a couple of kegs of beer to the guys/gals at PVO. Perhaps we should time the delivery to coincide with a tour of their facility?
smile.gif

P.S.S. Doug, I hope you are going to be developing an SC kit for the SRT! The fact that you liked the top-feed injectors shows me you've been seriously looking at the new Viper engine - hopefully for the purposes of cramming more air and fuel down it's throat for more tire-spinning antics.

Reaction score

Mike and Vic, Agree with your comments!

Just a few more items to in 2003 consider:
it has a V10,

0-60 less than 4 seconds,

1/4 mile less then 12 sec.,

2 seats in a basic (considering we are in 2003, what would the Cobra look like in 2003-not as good as the PVO product) sports car,

big grip,

turns heads when you go by, and

"The 2003 King of The Hill" = Viper!

Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike Brunton:
P.S.S. Doug, I hope you are going to be developing an SC kit for the SRT! The fact that you liked the top-feed injectors shows me you've been seriously looking at the new Viper engine - hopefully for the purposes of cramming more air and fuel down it's throat for more tire-spinning antics.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Mike -
Please don't ever P. S. S. on me
smile.gif
. How ya been?

I'm ecstatic about the new transformation for 2003. I'll be awaiting most patiently and can't wait to get mine. As much excitement for the 2003 Viper, I'm looking forward to the new SRT Ram!
Not only do I have plans for the 03 Viper, the Ram will be a special consideration for our future.

Think of it this way; I bought a car I don't know how much I paid for it, and already I have the engine out of it!

Stay well friend!
Doug

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62