In the market for another Viper..............

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am officially looking for another Viper so if any of you know somebody that is selling, let me know. Am looking at 1999-2001 GTS Vipers only and I want one with stripes only (non-striped Vipers need not apply) and absolutely do not want red!! I really want another Steel Grey/Silver Stripe and found one locally but want to see what else is out there before I commit to this one. There is a Black/Silver Stripe in the VCA classified's but he wants WAY to much.
I would like to find one fairly close to me so I can trailer it home myself but I will see what is out there. I am looking to buy something before the end of January.
Let me know what is out there.

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx Rev. I have been emailing Chris about that car and about shipping but am keeping my options open since it is in California. Would like to find something in the midwest but we'll see.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That one in CA looks like a pretty decent deal. Personally if you have the time and you want the car i would take a one way flight. I almost did the same when i bought my car from North Carolina.

GOOD LUCK and we are really looking forward to having you back in a Viper. I know what it feels like to have to have sold one, and I also know what it feels like to get that new car back! You will be EXCITED! I will keep my eyes peeled for cars...:headbang::usa:

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have a nice ACR Tri but I say again, "and I want one with stripes only (non-striped Vipers need not apply)" It is also much more than I have budgeted. I will more than likely buy the SG/SS that is for sale locally, price is right and only has 6K on the clock.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tri's car does have Stripes, they are flat black (look at the last pic) - looks killer

Good luck with your search

QUOTE=IEATVETS;2791976]You have a nice ACR Tri but I say again, "and I want one with stripes only (non-striped Vipers need not apply)" It is also much more than I have budgeted. I will more than likely buy the SG/SS that is for sale locally, price is right and only has 6K on the clock.[/QUOTE]

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This car is a steal at that price even when you include shipping and a one way ticket. What are you waiting for. :dunno: I wish I was in the market for one right now. There are deals everywhere. I cannot believe people aren't jumping on them quicker. Clean low mileage GTS's are getting farther and fewer apart especially when you are looking for a particular color. I suspect once the economy turns back around (if it ever does) there are going to be a lot of people kicking themselves for not taking advantage of some of these incredible deals.

I have to say Steel Gray is also one of my favorite colors and is right up there with Sapphire, Graphite and Black.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldn't call it a "steal" at 39K

dont worry, these prices you see now are going to go LOWER. and it will be YEARS before they go up, if ever.

this winter is gonna be really ******* people. people will be dumping their toys cheap. the spring is not looking too much better so people wont be buying.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldn't call it a "steal" at 39K

dont worry, these prices you see now are going to go LOWER. and it will be YEARS before they go up, if ever.

this winter is gonna be really ******* people. people will be dumping their toys cheap. the spring is not looking too much better so people wont be buying.

I think this depends on what happens with the economy. I would like to think things are starting to turn around but who knows. Even if it is turning around it will be slow before it gets back to how it was. Most cars will probably get cheaper for a while longer but I think the quality (under 10,000 miles) lower production color combo's will hold their own and not be "as" effected by the market. That said nothing is immune and there are deals to be had on EVERYTHING right now.

I am just REALLY glad I do not have any plans on selling mine anytime soon. I kinda wish I waited 2 years before buying it because I could have saved a lot of money but then I would not have enjoyed it for the past 2 years which was priceless. I suspect I wil have this car for a LONG time and the only reason I can see for selling it would be if I were to retire in Florida in order to buy a boat. But then I could sell the Callaway Corvette for the boat. Who knows...:dunno:

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for the PM's and replies guys, I am going to call Chris in the morning and see if we can strike a deal.

I will post a thread in the Northern Ca. section as well as this, but I am looking for somebody to go check this car out for me. I will get the carfax from Chris but would really appreciate it if somebody could go look at it for me. They are located in Brisbane, Ca. (San Fran) and the place is called Star City Motors.
I would like to know to obvious....scratches, dings, leather seats worn, frame recall done, etc. Please let me know if any one of you can check it our for me. Thanx!

PittsS2B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duane, not trying to steer you away from the California car, but make sure there was no damage to the car as I can tell the front facia stripes were repainted incorrectly. They painted the stripes all the way down through the front air dam, and the stripes are supposed to stop before the dam. One picture shows stripes being on the dam, and others do not....???
There also looks to be hood alignment issues with that car.

Good luck in your search.

Tim

OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx for the heads-up Tim but Chris ended up selling the car before I got a chance to question him about that.

I will be buying another car that is much closer to home this week. Already made the deal, just waiting on the bank. Can't believe how excited I am about buying another Viper when I have done this twice before!! Never gets old. :headbang:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanx for the heads-up Tim but Chris ended up selling the car before I got a chance to question him about that.

I will be buying another car that is much closer to home this week. Already made the deal, just waiting on the bank. Can't believe how excited I am about buying another Viper when I have done this twice before!! Never gets old. :headbang:

What Year GTS? Did you stay with the dark-side (Grey-Black-Graphite?) Congrats.

My 15th Viper (7 new, 8 used) just departed a Beverly Hills stopover enroute from Tomball...and I wont likley sleep well tonite, since it is due here tomorrow. Never Gets Old

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jon,

wish i'd have known you were buying from tomball, :omg:

i'd have driven it up to you personally, :drive:

and even paid for the gas :D

congrats

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members