INDY 500 decals for 96 GTS

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much is an original set of Indy 500 decals for a 96 GTS worth? I think they only made something like 300 sets???

Anyone see any for sale recently?

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They made 100 sets. JonB has some that he can sell you. They are not the origional, but you cannot tell the difference unless you look at the back and see that the original ones are all yellow and dry rotting. Call JonB.

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are only certain Vin numbers from 96 official pace car replicas? If there were only 300 factory sticker kits made then I would assume not all of the 96s were considered replicas. I have not seen too many people selling 96s making a big price differential about their car being one of the replicas. I have only seen a few that have the sticker package installed. Anyone know the info?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a 96 GTS, and I asked about the Pace Car stickers way back then. I bought a couple sets just to put them away. (sold them years ago)

Anyhow, my understanding at the time was that there were no pace car replicas. You could have put the stickers on, but there were no factory replicas. (I suppose some that were used at the track for the race may have been sold, but thatnwould have only been a few.)

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are only certain Vin numbers from 96 official pace car replicas? If there were only 300 factory sticker kits made then I would assume not all of the 96s were considered replicas. I have not seen too many people selling 96s making a big price differential about their car being one of the replicas. I have only seen a few that have the sticker package installed. Anyone know the info?

There were only 2 Pace cars I believe that were actual 96 GTS pace cars, they actually have a sunroof or a section of the roof that comes off they also had strobes in the rear, the decals were offered by dealers when purchasing if you would like them with the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4