INJECT THE VENOM - 200 mph viper (gps pix inside)

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
took the snake out of its cage today and sank the fangs deep. i maxed out my speedometer at 200 MPH in 5th gear. i was pullin somewhere around 5,750 rpm's on my tachometer the last time i looked at it. the GPS i had sittin on my dash recorded a "MAX SPEED" of 198 mph (see pic below). to see a much better version of the pic i have included below just click on this link here >>> enlarged GPS pic <<<

i think the discrepancy between my speedometer and my GPS is due to tire slip on the pavement. kind of hard for me to tell though because the stock POS michellin tires started to wander pretty bad once i surpassed 190 mph....... but that might of had something to do with the two blown ACR shocks i have in the front of my car. bottom line is....... this is all she had in her because i kept my foot in it for 1 mile at this speed and there was just no more acceleration left to be had.

the road i threw down on resides at a static elevation of 1,370 feet above sea level. the air temp was 85 degrees and the humidity was at 20%. i am not sure what the corrected altitude was based on the barometric pressure but my guess is that it was close to double the static altitude. so this would put the density altitude of the air at 2,740 feet above sea level. the road i do my high speed testing on is perfectly flat and level with no elevation changes like a downhill whatsoever. there was a 10 mph crosswind blowing on my drivers side door. i had my windows up and my mirrors folded in. at about 180 mph my passenger side window popped out of its socket.

obviously on a road closer to sea level i would have been utilizing more of the power i have and would more than likely have hit 200 mph on the GPS. i will take my snake back to this same spot next winter when the air temp is colder and try again. with a 55 degree air temp i think i can hit 200 mph on gps

27763-7-2006-31-med.jpg

277611-29-2005-13-med.jpg

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Gotcha beat, Freddy!
764gps2.JPG

heh heh! just kidding, great run you had there.....

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You got big ones.
I was told you can add a few mph by taping over the fog lights for aerodynamics.

7911DSCF4120-med.JPG

If he cut those off, he'd save 30+lbs. That's gotta be good for a couple MPH!

Oh, and those "No Fear" stickers have some meaning and purpose now.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can also do too it in my Beech King Aircraft :)

Want video and pictures of the ride.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i maxed out my speedometer at 200 MPH..
two blown ACR shocks..
stock POS michellin tires started to wander pretty bad..
..at about 180 mph my passenger side window popped out of its socket.

Umm, not trying to get flamed here, but wouldn't it be prudent to make sure that you car is in flawless mechanical condition before going that fast?

DrDJ

OP
OP
F

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Umm, not trying to get flamed here, but wouldn't it be prudent to make sure that you car is in flawless mechanical condition before going that fast?

DrDJ

depends on what kind of mood your in.......

some call it fear.............i call it my life

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some call it fear.............i call it my life

I'll refrain from saying what I would call it... I see death fairly frequently so I have a different perspective.

And if you want to FEEL it you can have my taco bellgrande extra hot or
ride shotgun with Fredster.

It's HerO's like Fredster paving the way to Ultimate Viper experience for the
rest of us time clock punchers!

Fredster what's the Heads/Cam package and management choices,those are perfect
all motor #'s.

OP
OP
F

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

And if you want to FEEL it you can have my taco bellgrande extra hot or
ride shotgun with Fredster.

It's HerO's like Fredster paving the way to Ultimate Viper experience for the
rest of us time clock punchers!

Fredster what's the Heads/Cam package and management choices,those are perfect
all motor #'s.

[/QUOTE]

TOOFST - my heads, camshaft, tuning, etc was done by www.westcoastviper.com i couldn't have done it without their help and give them all the credit. as you can see from my dyno sheet below my car is making peak horsepower at 5,400 rpm's so yes at 5,750+ rpm's in 5th gear i am past my peak horsepower. i got a few tricks up my sleeve though to squeeze out that extra 2 mph out of my setup. my run was made with a 85 degree air temp. so when i retry for 200 next winter i will do it on a day that has a 55 degree air temp which will help me to utilize fully all the power i make. i will also pull my cats out which should bring on another 5-10 rhwp. as far as my chassis setup is concerned i will be getting my blown shocks rebuilt next month and will be lowering my car 3/4 of an inch in the front and 1/2 inch in the rear. this extra 1/4 inch of rake in the front will keep the front end of the car more settled. i will have my car corner weighted and aligned with a road race setup that has the appropriate camber, toe and caster to let me run at this speed. lastly i will make the run on toyos ZR rated RA-1 tires that are a dual purpose road race/street tire. i think with these changes and some good air i should be able to hit 200 mph :2tu:

2776scan1-med.jpg

OP
OP
F

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Fred

It's a good thing you have my brake kit :buttkick: :cool:
4459Carlsbad_VictoryVipers05_007-med.jpg

With all that power :D you need to be able to stop :2tu: :nana:

Thanks
4459viperdays06_004-med.jpg

4459viperdays06_005-med.jpg

4459viperdays06_006-med.jpg

thanks for posting up the pix of your brake kit on my car dave. your camera sure does work a hell of alot better than mine. :D also your brake kit works way better than the stock brake kit too. :2tu: its a good thing too because at 200 mph you need to stop sooner or later, lol. seriously though if i didn't have my seatbelt on when i hit the brakes i probably would have been thrown thru the windshield :eek: oh yea and one more thing dave....... black brakes are faster than yellow brakes :nana: