Installed the ACR splitter on my Viper bought from JeffLemmke !

ar15kittykat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just kidding, it's not an ACR splitter but a Jeff Lemmke Street Serpent splitter. After studying some close up pics of the ACR, Prefix, ACR prototype, Archer Racing splitters, I wanted that type of design, clean & functional w/o paying $1700-3000 for a splitter.

After discussing w/ Jeff, he stated his splitter was designed to mount to the bottom of his serpent bumper, very similar design as ACR, Prefix, etc... Mounts to bottom of bumper where it meets the undertray, but Jeff stated he has never installed his splitter on an OEM bumper; Jeff sent me some pics of his splitter, after analyzing it, I knew this can work. The ACR and Prefix splitters uses 2 support cables going thru th bumper instead of in front of the bumper, I feel that if Jeff can mount his on street serpent w/o cables, then it's strong enough if I mounted correctly to my stock bumper.

We all know splitters mounts at the bottom of the bumper & splits the high pressure and low pressure air, restricting less volume of air from entering the bottom of air, creating less & faster air, causing low pressure, hence the sunction effect. The more the splitter protrude in front of the bumper, the more downforce iot creates, but I only mounted 1.5" in front of the bumper just for a tad more downforce, didn't want to offset the balance on the rear.

The splitter came w/ no mounting holes drilled yet, so I took off the SRT bumper, aligned it, drilled & screwed all 10 holes that is to be mounted to the undertray, then marked optimum mounting points for splitter to be attached to bumper, then drilled another 26 holes for more screws. I used 1" & 3/4" washers on both sides for a sturdy solid mount. After all screws were bolted down, sprayed them w/ some paint to seal/ lock the threads to avoid anything working themselves loose. Also, made sure the part where the splitter meets the bumper & under tray must be almost air sealed so air would not get thru the gap, but must pass above & below the splitter.

Cut the 2 edges of the plitter to conform w/ the bottom of the bumper, used 1/3 can of primer, and 2 can of gloss black from Walmart.

Now the true test, high speed test drive from 70-140mph on the tollway when barely any cars, the car felt like it's more glued to the ground. After a couple of days of spirited driving, everything is still mounted solid, no movement at all, functional, and looks pretty clean :D With splitter, it's about 2_3/4" lower at the front tip of the bumper, and 1/3" lower than undertray where it's mounted.

This can be a do-it yourself job, heck, a software guy like me did it, so anyone interested in an alternative splitter to the ACR, Prefix, or other high end CF splitter can give Jeff a call.

- $350 fiberglass street serpent splitter + $60 shipping.
- $4 for Primer & 2 can of spray paint.
- 1 day DIY - priceless

Jeff was very professional, courteous, & helpful in answering any questions I had, thank you JeffLemmke !

You must be registered for see images attach

Work in progress:
You must be registered for see images

Jeff's Street Serpent splitter:

High end CF splitters for comparison:

Prefix splitter

ACR & ACR prototype splitters

Last edited:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow nice install. I would consider it but would never get in my garage.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That happens to look very nice and especially original looking. I think it finishes the front end perfectly.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks great, and the price is much more reasonable than the others. Unfortunately, my steep driveway would eat one in a hurry :(

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez, that was fast. It seems like I just sent that out. Honestly, I really didn't think that was going to work at all but it actually looks pretty good. It makes me consider making one for the OEM bumper that's a little more finished on the ends. I never thought about doing it because other companies already do and the Mopar version should be available soon, I think.

Anyhow, nice job. Sorry I could not see your vision on this when you were explaining on the phone.

Jeff

Dave Moore

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Run that baby up to 150mph for awhile and let us all know if it holds up. Cuz it's gotta do more than look good. Great looking install and very easy on the wallet.

Dave Moore

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff if you build them, they will come...

Geez, that was fast. It seems like I just sent that out. Honestly, I really didn't think that was going to work at all but it actually looks pretty good. It makes me consider actually making one for the OEM bumper that's a little more finished on the ends. I never thought about doing it because other companies already do and the Mopar version should be available soon, I think.

Anyhow, nice job. Sorry I could not see your vision on this when you were explaining on the phone.

Jeff

OP
OP
A

ar15kittykat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks gents for the comps, and Jeff, you need to look into building them for the OEM bumper, cause it looks sweet & functions very well. You'll have Viper owners bangin down your door for them at a moderate price.

Just took a friend on a ride up to 150mph, a car nut, he noticed 70mph+ that the car rides harder than stock form, and he's been in my car a couple of times, so he thought the ride at stock form was harsh already, now harsher. Like I said, earlier, he feels like it's riding on lowered suspension also.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Run that baby up to 150mph for awhile and let us all know if it holds up. Cuz it's gotta do more than look good. Great looking install and very easy on the wallet. Dave Moore

EXACTLY Dave !

Your mounting technique looks robust, and Jeff is very concientious, but 150 mph air WINS if the angle of incidence cannot support the wind forces (lift, drag, shear) on the device. The ANGLE is critical!

1) I urge you to have an OBSERVER at a track event on the longest straight, to moniter deflection at speed. At track events a certain vendor's 'cheaper' devices (2) partially disintegrated recently, battering the car..and it could have been MUCH worse. That vendor is NOT named in the above posts or comments....

2) Or monitor with another car on 'open highway' safely........ BE CAREFUL

3) Generally, If you plant the nose, you lift the tail. Thankfully this device minimizes the wedge of air beneath the car, minimizing some lift.

OP
OP
A

ar15kittykat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
EXACTLY Dave !

Your mounting technique looks robust, and Jeff is very concientious, but 150 mph air WINS if the angle of incidence cannot support the wind forces (lift, drag, shear) on the device. The ANGLE is critical!

In a couple post above, I did have chance to take it up to 150mph w/ a friend about 3-4 sec, still solid, no rear floating effects, and after thorough inspection, no splitter deflection & baffling or battering of the bumper's bottom, no paint rub w/ contact points of splitter & bumper, any paint rub would tell me deflection of splitter, lose contact mounts.

The angle is very close to that of the ACR, bottom is flat w/ under tray, the front curves up about 1deg up front cause of the 2 support beam in the center of the splitter supports the gap in the center of the bumper, where as the bottom of stock bumper curves up about 10deg ? If you look the ACR's splitter up close at the above pic, the front, curves about 5deg w/ the front of the bumper, though it does have support cables/ adjustment turn buckles to adjust the splitter up more or set at neutral horizontal position for most downforce.

Many small chin front OEM noe extension/mini splitters for C6-Z06, 09-ZR1, Ford GT, Mustang GT500, Porsche 911, etc.. are non-adjustable / static, made of somewhat flimsy eurethane, they do work well against high speed & splitting air and restricting less air from enter the bottom of the car.

1) I urge you to have an OBSERVER at a track event on the longest straight, to moniter deflection at speed. At track events a certain vendor's 'cheaper' devices (2) partially disintegrated recently, battering the car..and it could have been MUCH worse. That vendor is NOT named in the above posts or comments....

2) Or monitor with another car on 'open highway' safely........ BE CAREFUL

I am planning to have a friend video tape my car from a 2nd car at high speed to record deflection & nose dive & rear lift.

If possible, can you share the vendor or splitter design that disintegrated on the track, if not public, please PM me. I do have some background in engineering, fluid dynamics, so I can look at a splitter design & mounting hardware & location to judge if it's a good or bad design.

Also, I know you do sell the Archer Racing design CF splitter, & autoform chin add-on splitter, the ArcherRacing design is probably one of the best compared to Prefix or ACR, cause that design actually blocks air from entering the gap up front below the center of the bumper, and has 2" splitter, hell of a design. Where as the Prefix, ACR, SnakeOyl and JeffLemmke is a flat panel splitter, where the rear bolts to the rear of the bumper & undertray, in which it sandwiches the OEM bumper bottom sealing air entering the front gap, but stop airflow from escaping into the bottom of the car.

Thank you Jon for stating some safety measures I need to look into for some high speed driving :drive:

3) Generally, If you plant the nose, you lift the tail. Thankfully this device minimizes the wedge of air beneath the car, minimizing some lift.

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

The look on the front is very clean looking. Should be nice contender in the market.
When you get a video be sure and post it.

Don't forget to PM the mods with your info to upgrade you to Viper Owner.
Maybe we can talk you into joining the VCA and supporting this site?:)

If you plan on attending VOI the VCA is offering a discount of $55 per person(2 max)
to all VCA members. Almost pays for the whole membership-a great deal!

OP
OP
A

ar15kittykat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VenomHiss,
With a wife & 2 toddlers, and work, I only have time to read more than post on both VCA & ViperAlley, I had the viper for 1.5yrs, but didn't have the time for a viper meet yet. So sad, though I do drive my viper almost everyday to work when it's sunny, so in TX, it's 75% of the year...Maybe as the toddlers grow older, I may have time to join.

I also rounded off the two sides of the splitter a bit more than what's in the pics, to conform better w/ the bumper's edge.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, Great job!! Car looks great.

I'd like to see one that returned to the bumper like the one on the blue/ white stripe car. Jeff, any chance you can make one for those of us that want to keep our stock front facias? I think the market would support the set up costs. Let us know what you think.

Sal

V

Venomiss

VenomHiss,
With a wife & 2 toddlers, and work, I only have time to read more than post on both VCA & ViperAlley, I had the viper for 1.5yrs, but didn't have the time for a viper meet yet. So sad, though I do drive my viper almost everyday to work when it's sunny, so in TX, it's 75% of the year...Maybe as the toddlers grow older, I may have time to join.

I also rounded off the two sides of the splitter a bit more than what's in the pics, to conform better w/ the bumper's edge.

:)Understand and figured since you had such a nice write up you might consider joining in the fun while using this site.

OP
OP
A

ar15kittykat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:)Understand and figured since you had such a nice write up you might consider joining in the fun while using this site.

Hmm, nice write ups huh, I also spend some time on ArfCom, SniperHides, & GlockTalk and do some nice write ups on hogs, deer hunts w/ M1A, AR15, Tact. rifles. :usa:

V

Venomiss

Hmm, nice write ups huh, I also spend some time on ArfCom, SniperHides, & GlockTalk and do some nice write ups on hogs, deer hunts w/ M1A, AR15, Tact. rifles. :usa:

That's OK I did my basic at Ft. Jackson many moons ago.;) We welcome nice write ups.
And new members of course!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235