Insulating door sills/removing crossovers to reduce heat

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I searched through all the old posts and it seems like most folks also replaced the exhaust system in order to get louder sound/performance as well as to reduce the cabin heat.

I have two questions:

1) Has anyone installed Roe Racing Side Sill Insulation Kit to reduce heat without changing the exhuast system to an after-market one? If yes, how much did it help in reducing the heat?

2)Is it possible to remove crossovers without replacing the exhaust system to Corsa, Borla, etc., essentially still keeping the stock exhaust? If possible, how effective is that in reducing interior/sill heat?

Thanks for your advice.

ViperLSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I to would like an anwser to this question. I have a friend that reciently purchased a 04 SRT. And his only complaint is the amount of cabin heat.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the cat back kit from Dodge. I removed the cross over and noticed a huge improvement in sill heat issue.

With my infrared pyrometer I observed a 60 degree drop in floor temps after the exhaust change. Absolutely no regrets.

OP
OP
R

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Steve. However, I am still wondering if there is a possibility of removing the cross over without having to change the exhaust. But if that is what it takes, I guess I will go that route. What's the part number? Do you know how does it compare to Corsa in terms of sound/performance?

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Steve. However, I am still wondering if there is a possibility of removing the cross over without having to change the exhaust. But if that is what it takes, I guess I will go that route. What's the part number? Do you know how does it compare to Corsa in terms of sound/performance?

Check out the Corsa Track for most hp and tq gain. The sound is a great improvement over stock. The track also virtually solves the heat issues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave