Interior carpeting for RT-10

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a place to get an interior carpeting kit for my 1999 RT-10. I have noticed some wear spots and I want to start looking for a kit for the floor and sides as well as the side panels. Is it a Mopar only item, or are there correct after-market kits available?

Rich Koch 1999 Black RT-10

Scotty-tnt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure if they make it or not but, I also had my trunk carpeted (when the crazy stereo was installed)
Its a great improvement too!

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a place to get an interior carpeting kit for my 1999 RT-10. I have noticed some wear spots and I want to start looking for a kit for the floor and sides as well as the side panels. Is it a Mopar only item, or are there correct after-market kits available?

Rich Koch 1999 Black RT-10
Hi Rich, I would just get the same weave and then take the seats out and do it myself. You can pull the old carpet and use it as a template. I use contact cement on carpet and upholstery to glue it down. I use a cheap primer gun and spray it on at about 40psi pressure. The glue stays for ever in the gun. I thin it with acetone if needs. That's how I did the trunk carpet on your car. It's fun and easy. Ray:2tu:
Seward_car_show06_017.jpg

OP
OP
R

Richard Koch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thaks for the advice. Do you have any suggestions of where to get that material? The trunk in my RT looks so nice and hopefuylly I can do the interior as nicely as you did the truynk. Otherwise I am loving the car. I took it out again today because we had nice dry7 roads.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YaaaH, Rub it in!!! We just had 5" of snow, I'm moving!! I order carpet from Larry Dennis Upholstery or Gulf Fabrics. Both on the net and they sell small quantities reasonable. Or I have also bought left overs from a local shop that does cars. You should only need 2 yards for the RT.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The binding is made from 2" strips of material I sewed to the edges. First lay the material upside down along the edges and sew 1/4 from the edge then roll it over the edge and glue it with contact then sometimes I do another stitch along the edge where folded over. Or if you can't sew it cut the strips and have a shop sew it. Should take about half an hour.