Intermediate steering shaft 2014 viper

Dave1968

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went on a long ride - 8200 kms and hit some pretty bad roads. My intermediate steering shaft has a slight bit of play at the mid point joint and its bugging the crap out of me. Ive decided to change it - Mopar parts overstock.com has one and it looks like its the same piece from 2003 t0 2015. Has anyone changed one and can you do it by simply loosening the two clamping bolts at each end, or are there other clearance issues. Pls. advise.

OP
OP
Dave1968

Dave1968

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went on a long ride - 8200 kms and hit some pretty bad roads. My intermediate steering shaft has a slight bit of play at the mid point joint and its bugging the crap out of me. Ive decided to change it - Mopar parts overstock.com has one and it looks like its the same piece from 2003 t0 2015. Has anyone changed one and can you do it by simply loosening the two clamping bolts at each end, or are there other clearance issues. Pls. advise.

FYI: After researching it appears this is a half hour job as per Dodge so it is as easy as it looks - amazing. The part is cheap and fits 2003 through 2015.