INTRAX or Partsrack Caps which would be better to lower SRT.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for feedback on the quality of either of these choices to lower my viper. The INTRAX springs state they will lower the car 1", and I have seen reviews of the caps that partsrack sells and they have only lowered the car 3/8". Both systems cost $250.

I do not want to spend the $4k on KWs just to lower the car :evilmad:

If anyone has experience with either of these please share :2tu:

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
from what I have heard from others they say get the KW's or Motons if you want to avoid any problems later on but I would also like to hear how the caps/springs are doing...

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
its really not a good idea to do any of the above. The OEM shock bodies do not have the travel to support lowering. Hell...they barely have the travel to support STOCK!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for feedback on the quality of either of these choices to lower my viper. The INTRAX springs state they will lower the car 1", and I have seen reviews of the caps that partsrack sells and they have only lowered the car 3/8". Both systems cost $250.
I do not want to spend the $4k on KWs just to lower the car
If anyone has experience with either of these please share

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the Partsrack Caps, Dan Cragin did the install back in Oct 05. It seem to lower the front more than the back, buy may just be my imagination. The ride is not much different, maybe a bit stiffer but more than manageable. I like the caps, very similar to stock caps just lower profile. No issues with shocks or travel yet - I have maybe 600 miles on the new caps.

I took some pictures from the side to show the ride height but can't seem to find them; will keep looking and get them posted.

jm

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have experience with INTRAX on my 90 300ZXTT.. Over 3 years with them, they are OK at best. I later switched to coil-overs. They are very bouncy and tend to sag alot after the 1st year. I have Eibachs on my GTS, better ride and stiffer. I would NOT recomend them. Alot of info and input can be read on. www.twinturbo.net...Wayne

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed Northwind coil caps, which I believe are the same units that Partsrack is selling. I chose the coil caps over the Eibach lowering springs because the Eibachs lowered the car too much to be a daily driver with driveways and speed bumps.

Plus the coil caps got rid of the huge wheel well gap and gave the car a tighter feel without compromising ride quality, changing the wheel travel too much, or alter the spring rates that the car was designed to work with from the factory.

It did require a mild re-alignment afterwards, but that's the same no matter which lowering method I would have selected.

For me, the coil caps lowered the car about 3/4" which really helped the look of the car, especially in the back where it looked jacked up stock, and provided a nice balanced choice in between the 4WD and slammed looks.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed Northwind coil caps, which I believe are the same units that Partsrack is selling. I chose the coil caps over the Eibach lowering springs because the Eibachs lowered the car too much to be a daily driver with driveways and speed bumps.

Plus the coil caps got rid of the huge wheel well gap and gave the car a tighter feel without compromising ride quality, changing the wheel travel too much, or alter the spring rates that the car was designed to work with from the factory.

It did require a mild re-alignment afterwards, but that's the same no matter which lowering method I would have selected.

For me, the coil caps lowered the car about 3/4" which really helped the look of the car, especially in the back where it looked jacked up stock, and provided a nice balanced choice in between the 4WD and slammed looks.

Pics?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456