Is 12.8s & 116mph ok for my 1st ever 1/4m run?

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(oop make that the 2nd run against the Supra)...and 12.1s & 121mph
for my last run of the day as quick as i'll ever get with stock setup (except side exit, no silencer exhaust conversion and Toyo R888 street tyres)??!!
Wicked fun!...and at 1 stage i was running times equally fast with or without roof: 12.3s!

video:

YouTube - Viper, TVR Tuscan / Chimaera, Supra @ Thorney Island 1/4m 13.9.09

Attachments

• DSC00523.jpg
    DSC00523.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
(oop make that the 2nd run against the Supra)...and 12.1s & 121mph
for my last run of the day as quick as i'll ever get with stock setup (except side exit, no silencer exhaust conversion and Toyo R888 street tyres)??!!
Wicked fun!...and at 1 stage i was running times equally fast with or without roof: 12.3s!

video:

YouTube - Viper, TVR Tuscan / Chimaera, Supra @ Thorney Island 1/4m 13.9.09

I don't see any timing lights in the video. First time down the strip with my 96 I ran 12.2 at 116. I have since made one run in the high 11's. I hope to improve on that next time out by addition of some 18" wheels with taller MT ET Streets.

OP
OP
PS78

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow! i guess that's the difference between running on a purpose built strip (you) and running on a temporarily converted track (me on an army base airstrip): your lower terminal speed with quicker time = better traction off the start? i rarely spin up in 2nd on the road but here i was close to spinning in third, so had to pick my track in the lane and steer clear of any water (+ some other liquid???) in the burn out zone... was your's stock?
;)

OP
OP
PS78

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first ever in the recognisable drag format. nearest thing beforehand is 1 or 2 occassions off the line at the traffic lights with a pal's non-viper.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow! i guess that's the difference between running on a purpose built strip (you) and running on a temporarily converted track (me on an army base airstrip): your lower terminal speed with quicker time = better traction off the start? i rarely spin up in 2nd on the road but here i was close to spinning in third, so had to pick my track in the lane and steer clear of any water (+ some other liquid???) in the burn out zone... was your's stock?
;)

This was at Gainesville Raceway the week after Gaternationals, so the track was in good shape. Smooth tubes, filters, high flow cats, Borla cat back and Hoosier drag radials only. Car dynos at 455 HP at the rear wheels. If yours is bone stock, you did good! I try to drive around the water and back into it for a burnout. That water dripping off those big front tires in front of the rears does not help traction at all.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad from my end! I have run fastest 12.6. Granted, I have only done 4 passes and that was with a passenger, wing cranked up, and loot in the trunk. But still, nice job from where I am sitting! :D

OP
OP
PS78

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad from my end! I have run fastest 12.6. Granted, I have only done 4 passes and that was with a passenger, wing cranked up, and loot in the trunk. But still, nice job from where I am sitting! :D

...but your passenger was a long legged, hour-glass-figured, excitable chick, yeah? :2tu: (surprised you finished in the same lane :D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish it was a she! ;)

Was actually my fathers 200 lb friend that had not been down a 1/4 in 30 years. He had a blast! :yay:

Still liking your idea better though! :D

OP
OP
PS78

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D so wish i was over your side of the deep lake to get down the strip more!...think there's only 2 or 3 purpose built/converted 1/4mile tracks in the UK (and we have **** weather 7 months of the year too....)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456