Is it OK to laminate original window sticker?

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or will that ruin its authenticity? :dunno:

I know it is probably a stupid question and I hate to clog the RT/10 GTS section but crap like this but inquiring minds would like to know. I have the original window sticker with my car and I know how important this is to a lot of people and DO NOT want to ruin it for the next guy, that is if there is a next guy. :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or will that ruin its authenticity? :dunno:
I know it is probably a stupid question and I hate to clog the RT/10 GTS section but crap like this but inquiring minds would like to know. I have the original window sticker with my car and I know how important this is to a lot of people and DO NOT want to ruin it for the next guy, that is if there is a next guy. :D

That's a good point...laminating the sticker will keep it in pristine shape, whereas normally it would just fade...I can't see why it would ruin it for anyone, but maybe the experts can chime in here...we would do it also. ~juli~

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't. Does painting a car ruin its originality?

Buy a second one from the VCA and laminate it.

CANTDRIVE55

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I believe it would be a great idea to have it laminated. I do this for my Colt and Winchester letters and it certainly doesn't hurt their value. I would think that laminating some of my original paintings WOULD devalue them!! :rolleyes:

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sinse it didn't come like that originally it would devalue it, just put it in a protective sleeve from Business Depot and file it away....

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just framed mine and hung it on the wall. :2tu:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go with the sealed protective sleeve route, heck they even make Zip lock bags that big now, so even if your house completely floods, it will still be safe and sound floating in the file cabinet.

Regards,
Aaron

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laminated mine. All paper has acid in it that will lead to eventual deterioration. the process speeds up if air gets to it. Lamination will slow it down

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the viper collectors of the future get anything like the classic vette guys you have lost money just thinking about it! In all seriousness I had all the paperwork to a 40 year old mustang and it was in very good condition.Get a copy and seal it in a bag as was mentioned before and it will outlast all of us.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made digital copies, printed them and laminated them for all my 3 Vipers. I then put all 3 plus the titles for each in a ZipLok bag and put 'em in my safe. DONE!!

Now....if I can only remember that damn combination!!

Don't worry Denny, I still know it.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would not laminate either make a copy and laminate or just frame the orginal(do not let them dry mount it if framing)

lamination and dry mounting are not reversable(at least easily or cheaply)

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may not even be able to get a replacement from DC as they will only provide replacements if your car was made after May of 2001.

94yellow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've sold many clasic cars , the last a 1967 shelby GT500 . Laminating the window sticker will not hurt the value. Just having it is what counts. Remember they have made a lot of vipers compared to the big value collector cars.:drive:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys and gals, but saying that laminating your window sticker will affect the resale value of your car is just silly. I would have to say that is one of most uninformed and craziest things I have ever read on this board. Sorry if some of you disagree but come on, get real. I can see it now......
Seller.."Yes, I am asking 45K for my Viper, it is all original and in mint condition."
Buyer.."Do you have the original window sticker for the car?"
Seller.."Why yes I do, I even laminated it so the paper doesn't fade and to protect it from the elements."
Buyer.."You laminated your window sticker!! Are you nuts, it is no longer original. Sorry, but I will have to pass on your car.":bsm:

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think you are missing by just a little bit, the sticker in the long long run will not affect the resale value of the, but preserving it in original condition in the long long long run may give a nudge of proper documentation(protect-0-plate, tank stickers, build sheets. ect...). Resale of the car will always be based on the orginality of the car and condition, documentation will help prop up the egos of the collecting fanatics

Ben Brown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out SaleSleeve. I use them for my document storage and display at car shows. Their website is www.SaleSleeve.com/collectorcars They're waterproof and not laminated in case you ever wanted to take the doc out for any reason.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach