Is there a break in period for new brake pads?

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the old snake has 16,000 miles on her so I think it is time for new brake pads. I bought a set of EBC street/strip pads from JonB. Is there a break in process for new pads on a Viper???? I'll be going to Willow Springs on 9/5 and Spring Mt. 10/13 so I wanna get em right!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoCal Rebell:
.....I bought a set of EBC street/strip pads from JonB. Is there a break in process for new pads on a Viper???? I'll be going to Willow Springs on 9/5 and Spring Mt. 10/13 .....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EBC-Reds are indeed street-strip-AutoX, but NOT our first recomendation for intermediate+ drivers in roadcourses. (SoCal PROMISED me that he would be at novice-levels on roadcourse, and NOT at all ******* brakes!) If you find that you are unexpctedly overdriving EBC-RED pads at Willow, you should upgrade to YELLOW for future events. Based on your drive style, you should be fine with REDS. At 16K miles, you will probably resurface your rotors.

I have voicemailed you full bed-in details.

ACR Jim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but complements on the EBC Greens. I belive that the Yellows haven't been out as long but I am wondering if anyone out there can share their experience with the Yellows on a road course. Are they just as wonderful as the Greens are for the street?

Jim