Is there a chance to get 03 with no cert?

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is probably iffy. When the first cars hit the ground, not likely. As they are absorbed, you can probably get close to sticker, as all educated certificate holders are buying under sticker and therefore can sell at sticker.

I would not hold my breath, though, as even some die-hard current Viper owners did not get certificates and they will have teh inside track to getting the SRT/10 without a certificate.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Virtually all of these cars are spoken for by certificate holders. There is also a long line of folks who did not get a cert in time, or who are not eligible for one who are probably already making deals with dealers, friends, and other Viper owners to buy their unwanted cars - maybe for sticker, maybe for above sticker (more likely).

The only way to answer your question is to know how many people will decide to keep their SRT, and how many people SRT's that can't get them.

I think you can be sure of one thing - you won't get a 2003 SRT for sticker anywhere near the beginning of production - and I would guess that it won't happen anytime in in the 2003 model year, because there will be a very VERY restricted supply of SRT's, and I would guess that there will be a long line of folks who want them, and a good majority of those folks would not mind paying more than sticker.

Dtibs2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a friend out in the mid-west who has registered his TWO certs with a Dealer and has already sold his SECOND SRT-10 for $20k over sticker. Talk about taking the "dealer out of the picture"

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm. I would say for the right price I could be talked out of the 2003 and into the waiting line for 2004. But definitely not at MSRP.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 bad gts,
Breaking the rules AGAIN!

"The Certificates ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE and can only be used by the person whose name matches the Cert number in the Dodge record."

DON'T CALL HIM! HE IS
confused.gif

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wait 6 months after the production starts for the 2003 I guarantee you that used ones can be picked up for sticker price or less. If you want to be the "first" then you will pay a premium. Also I guarantee you the 2003 Viper will have many bug/problems with the car. 1st year, brand new design, that's just asking for trouble.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MES:
Also I guarantee you the 2003 Viper will have many bug/problems with the car. 1st year, brand new design, that's just asking for trouble.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is this fact or pure speculation? If its fact than why are all the 03s' already sold out before production has even started?
I hope your wrong.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Is this fact or pure speculation? If its fact than why are all the 03s' already sold out before production has even started?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a fact that every newly designed car has many bugs with them, and each year the automakers quietly improve the car. It's speculation on just how many bugs will be found with the new Gen III. Given that the new 2003 is entirely redesigned, there is bound to be many bugs.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there were "Viper Police", Joe you would be the first person I'd turn in.
How long did you say you've been in this Country?
laugh.gif

THE RULES WHERE SET UP FOR A REASON!!
OBVIOSLY YOU DON'T GET IT!
confused.gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Viper Wizard on 02-10-2002 at 12:39 PM</font>

Dolph Williams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, it's not a fact that every newly designed car has many bugs with them. I have/had 2 '96 GTSs,early #s, first year for Gen II, that I have not had the first problem with.

Yes, it is a fact, as a matter of fact, that EVERY car has many bugs with them. This fact starts with the very first car designed before the start of the past century. Car companies have been in a constant mode of improving cars since day one. Still, there is no such thing as a perfect car, even after DC has had the basic design of the Viper for over 10 years. This also goes for Ford, GM, Honda, etc.

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but all the "hubbub" stirred up by "selling" these "non-transferable" certificates is stimulating the market.

This is all probably part of D/C's plan.

Sort of like how a Rebate makes people buy things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave