IS this TOO AGRESSIVE looking for a VIPER?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DSC03494.JPG

DSC03500.JPG

DSC03503.JPG

DSC03502.JPG

As you can see, it fits perfectly to the earlier 03-06 airboxes for propper intake

DSC03505.JPG

DSC03506.JPG

DSC03507.JPG

DSC03510.JPG

DSC03511.JPG

DSC03513.JPG

DSC03514.JPG

DSC03517.JPG

DSC03518.JPG

DSC03520.JPG

DSC03521.JPG

DSC03522.JPG

DSC03524.JPG

DSC03528.JPG

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I think the hood design looks great. Hard to tell from the angle of the pics that you have how well it matches with the lines of the fenders and front end. Openings in the hood look a bit bigger than the '08 design.

I do feel that the carbon fiber version would look much better on a black car though and I would also paint the screens in the hood black as well. Just my $0.02 worth though - so if you like it - go with it!

Great job!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The color of the car and the hood clash. This looks like something a ricer would do. It looks terrible.

Usually, the people that buy Carbon Fiber parts in the weave look have black, silver, copper, blue etc. colored cars. The nice thing is these hoods are paintable so you can take advantage of the "good"properties of CF like 18 lb hood vs 40+lbs and additional stiffness etc. but you can custom paint as you like, like the ASC car or similar if you choose.

Here is how it sort of looks on a black car ( quick photoshop )
DSC0351711.jpg

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the last shot isnt bad but I think the hood scoop is just too pronounced. Looks like quality work nonetheless.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hood looks great but it seems to clash with the red...Paint the rest of the car black to match the hood :D

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that cf hood with 22lbs of weight savings would be a great addition for anyone looking to save weight and have a very aggressive look. I think it would greatly complement a black or silver car. The fitment must be oem quality however.

Being able to paint it too match other body colors is a plus if you don't like cf.. Bottom line is I like it. How difficult is the install?

eagles

eagles

MQQNVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Now you need an equally agressive CF decklid with a bit more duckbill/spoiler on it. Then it will look more balanced IMHO. :2tu:

It can NEVER look too agressive for a Viper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that cf hood with 22lbs of weight savings would be a great addition for anyone looking to save weight and have a very aggressive look. I think it would greatly complement a black or silver car. The fitment must be oem quality however.

Being able to paint it too match other body colors is a plus if you don't like cf.. Bottom line is I like it. How difficult is the install?

eagles

eagles

Eagles,

If you were to drive over to my place without your hood on you could be back on your way home in less than 3 minutes.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the hood design looks great. Hard to tell from the angle of the pics that you have how well it matches with the lines of the fenders and front end. Openings in the hood look a bit bigger than the '08 design.

I do feel that the carbon fiber version would look much better on a black car though and I would also paint the screens in the hood black as well. Just my $0.02 worth though - so if you like it - go with it!

Great job!

Rocket, Thanks!

The hood lines up pretty much perfectly with all the body lines, if you look under your fender edges under the edge of the hood, Dodge has used little plastic spacers incrementally along the edge to get the fenders to line up to their hoods, each one of my 3 SRT10's has different spacers in different places , so it is kind of funny cause what fits perfectly on one of the cars needs a little tweak or 2 on the others in different places.

Can't wait to see your final pics when you finish your car, I remember the first pics you posted of just the chassis last year, good luck!

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the looks of the hood. i think the reason why it doesnt look right, is the fact that it is sitting on a "stock" car. the right wheels, a few body mods to go along with the hood, and it would look alot better and more like a pckage.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it, so does the hood have a "Ram Air" effect as well? I like the agressiveness of it, however I agree with some of the others, a matching wing would really finish the look.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it, so does the hood have a "Ram Air" effect as well? I like the agressiveness of it, however I agree with some of the others, a matching wing would really finish the look.

Regards,
Aaron

AARON,

Yes the hood has a RAM air scoop as well as the stock intake through the front hood channels for intake air as well.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm another one of those people who do NOT like black hoods on anything but black cars.
It always looks like someone wrecked their hood, bought a new one, and was too cheap to paint it. :(

The aggressiveness of the hood design would likely look OK if the car was painted body color.
I know that it's kind of a waste with that cool looking shiny carbon fiber, but any car looses it's integrated design completely once you break up the styling with a mismatched color part that big.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, I think that dog looks quite aggressive. Do you realize the danger that child appears to be in? And what about the defenseless car there?!?

I can just see the headlines now. You should be ashamed of yourself.

You must be registered for see images

You were talking about the dog right? :lmao:

Because here in Texas we ship people that do that to their cars back over the Rio Grande. :crazy2:

:usa:

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it might look cool if you tied it all together with some charcoal color stripes ('08 style)

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the black on black but the black on red looks like the hood was replaced with the wrong color. the CF looks like its "peeling" at least in the pic. my .02

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, add some blue stripes, and if you powder coated the wheels yellow ... it could be the Skittles Viper. lol

Seriously, it's hard to tell in a pic but I think I really like the hood (just not in black on red), painted to match the car I think it'd be sweet. With a nice wheel upgrade, like the iForged's, that would look sick (in a good way).

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just so you guys know,

THIS CARBON hood is not staying on this car, I just put it on this car so I could take pics of it on a car, I have a fiberglass hood being painted red right now for this car, unfortunately the only solid color SRT I have is red, my other ones have stripes.

I did not want to start a debate over carbon panels on whatever color car. The nice thing is is that people will do what they want with their car if they mod it. And even though RICE is a bad word here and I agree, the styling cues and trends created by the whole RICE/drift movement will slowly proliferate into every car in the market over the next few years, and keep in mind that what the Rice movement is doing is in all actuallity bringing what was done as styling cues on cars in the $500K plus range and bringing it mainstream ( with the addition of a lot of really tacky **** as well )