Isn't this the Official DC viper website? RE: white mamba

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn\'t this the Official DC viper website? RE: white mamba

I come here for official no BS info. very straight forwards guys/gals who love the viper.
but shouldn't I hear about this car at this site first? and not in the alleyways of the vipernation?
This is huge news for viper owners and future viper owners.
your average joe consumer may not know of other viper sites.

So, where is the official info on this special edition car?
Is it on the home page? didnt see it.

If i missed the thread with its pics and specs, let me apologize immediately.
I do try and read every darn post on these forums on this board ( loser, viper nut)
and i havent seen it yet.

Just dont want to see this site miss the viperboat seeing that the viper is "there" baby.

anyone?
rant over... just my fustrated 2 cents....

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Isn\'t this the Official DC viper website? RE: white mamba

Hey Jim- Are you interested in grabbing one of these? The thought has crossed my mind...

Just so you know, Northtown is looking at grabbing two of them, so you and I may be in luck :2tu:

Although, If NT wont haggle on price at all, to Pemberton or Tator I go... They made their money on my GTS, they better cut me an F'in break this go around...lol

How sick would that be, me with TWO vipers...LOL. Business is doing pretty good, so I should be in the market for it come summer or so. I am looking at it more in a business sense though, As I am limited to producing components and packages for Gen-1/2... the only gen-3's around here never come out to play, and I dont know the owners anyway! If I had my own, I can get enough 1-on-1 time to do what is neccesary.

I doubt I will become as attached to my SRT as I am to my GTS... but worst case, it ends up as a down payment on a Lamborghini Murcielago Barchetta in a few years...LMAO.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Maybe this thread by CHUCK TATOR will help to restore your faith:

" 04 SRT-10 White Mamba
#349281 - 12/03/03 11:02 AM

Hot off the press:

On December 2nd, TOPS will be open for ordering the 2004 Limited Edition Viper SRT-10 White Mamba. There will only be 200 of these units produced! This will be the only opportunity to order a white Viper in 2004. [Sales code ASA] Listed below are the contents of the package:

"Mamba Edition" Package - MSRP $2500
200 Vehicles with Viper White Exterior
>Two tone black/red interior
>Seat logo embroidery - bright red
>Seat stitching - bright red
>Red/black leather steering wheel w/red stitching
>Red leather shifter knob and parking brake handle
>Red lower instrument panel and door trim panels
>Red upper center console
>Body side Badge - satin silver/red
>Front hood medallion red
>Serialized Mamba Edition instrument panel badge [*** of 200]
>Car cover

MSRP $87,295 [My price $82,500]

Don't miss your opportunity to order this limited edition Viper.
Call me NOW if you want one!

--------------------
CHUCK TATOR
1975-USAF/SAC/KC-135/FB-111
NRA LIFE MEMBER
VIPER TECH SINCE 1993
VIPER OWNER 94/RT#902
NY/CT VCA TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
DODGE DEALER SINCE JUNE 15th 1914!
AMERICAN MADE CARS & TRUCKS [No Imports!]
TATOR'S DODGE
914-763-3136 "

OP
OP
J

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan,
see PM

Steve,
the point is that on the home page in HUGE letters it should say:
BREAKING NEWS......
and a nice thread done by DC with pics and info on this special car.
It shouldn't be up to Chuck or any other dealer to promote a limited edition viper.
It should be DC!
Hello DC are you there? are you hearing me?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

there is only going to be two hundred(200) they figure they dont have to promote the car they will sell themselves like the rest of the vipers.

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

DC is promoting it..... Have you seen the cover of the new Viper mag?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The fact that it was not posted on the home page is 100% my fault. When I saw it posted in the forums nearly imediately after the news was officially released, I did not feel it was necessary to post it on the home page. Sorry for the lapse in judgement on my part.

Would you be interested in helping update the home page info? We will soon have an easy web based set up to be able to do so, goal would be to update it almost daily.

Unless I missed it in the article, it did not say the car on the cover and in the article was a White Mamba. The article just talked about changes in the 2004 car.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The cover car was NOT the MAMBA! I will see if PVO will let me post the MAMBA guts?

OP
OP
J

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It has been said that all the mambas were sold.
perhaps but not to the public.
I mean, dealership grabed them to sell them for sticker.
I have 2 local dealerships (not big viper sales dealerships) here in Buffalo NY of all places that have 1 mamba each coming in.

So, if someone really wants one they are available.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There were something like 450 orders for the 200 available, so in terms from the way tracks these issues, they are sold out. But you are absolulty right when you say that some dealers just ordered them to sell at a premium.

OP
OP
J

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve, it almost seems wrong that 2 dealerships that sell
maybe 1 or 2 vipers a year at best can get there money grubbing hands on em.

I would rather is it go the certificate route again.
or at least give them all to woodhouse, tator and the few other dealers that sell vipers regularly.

but see 2 of those beauties coming to Buffalo??? To sit on a showroom floor for months till someone pays sticker+
*****!
Bastages!

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree 100%, but there the people making those distribution plans don't seem to value dealers that know how to sell Viper's. there are more into letting all dealers in, and this is how they think it will happen. Wait until we are back in 1992 with all these [******]-Tee dealers screwing with owners.

And as long as the current marketing team is in place you can be sure there will be NO MORE certificate programs. The only ones who get us at Dodge are the top level executives and the SRT Team. If and when there is a program that needs a certificate program I can assure you that the VCA will be in there fighting for it, but we will be up against the Dadge Marketing arm and 98% of the Dodge dealers in the country. It will be an ugly fight!

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One would hope that managers in Dodge at ALL levels would recognize the value of Viper owner loyalty and the goodwill it adds to the bottom line. I remember an AutoWeek article when Chevy returned to racing with the Corvette. A Chevy exec. was quoted after observing the Viper owners event at a Florida race saying that Chevy's objective was to develop that type of response from Corvette owners. Further, I met the Ford GT program manager at Pebble Beach and Monterey last August. I asked him if his marketing plan was to offer the GT first to Viper owners. Expecting a rude answer he replied that they had given the idea a significant amount of discussion. If executives from Chevrolet and Ford recognize the value of the Viper owner experience and now Bob Lutz (who not only realizes it but is partly responsible for creating the effect) is now leading GM, you can bet that those companies will be happy to welcome us if they develop the right products.
I hope that Dodge doesn't forget that Viper owners own and buy other cars and are the basis for the Viper marketing program.

btw...Jim do you still have a Viper? I heard you sold yours?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well you know how loyal I am to the dodge brand, but this currnet marketing team just does not get it. The good news is that the head of ALL marketing does! The other good news is that we have his ear. But I still anticipate a fight when the day comes, since the dealers have as much if not more power than I group does.

Don't worry, I know that these teams change all the time, so the saving grace is that by the time we need a cert program that we will have someone in place who alo understands the value!

OP
OP
J

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GTSviper,
yes, i sold her... went with an 04 dreamhome
but it does have 4 bay garage so.. soon enough i will have another.
best wishes
Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh