Issues with supplier, R & J Distributing

coiled1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm just finished upgrading my '95 R/T 10 to HID Xynon low beams and fog lamps. I've had some concerns with the supplier, R & J Distributing. In a nutshell, one bulb was bad upon initial installation and tryout (they replaced it AFTER they had received it back from me - over a week's total delay), the replacement was the right bulb (9005) but didn't have the 4-circuit harness that was part (soldered together, not connectors) of the original. Even after an e-mail with pictures showing exactly what I needed, I got no response till after repeated calls and e-mails - - another week delay. Then the new "harness" shows up and it is shy the plastic connector housings (but it had terminals) - delay week number 3+. After all that, I'm tired of hassling these guys so I plugged in the terminals and applied tape + a weather pack patch. I hope you've had better luck with them. If you're just shopping, watch out.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have only ordered a few sets of emblems from Ron, he has always come thru. It may take a few weeks or so but hopefuly they will come fix the problem. Good luck what ever the out come.

OP
OP
C

coiled1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanx for the comments plus a private note confirming there have been some quality/service problems with R & J.
After all the above, one fog lamp cycled on twice then died. This time Ron was actually speedy in sending a replacement "igniter" (ballast + transformer) assembly. It's working now.
Overall, quality = lousy, service = mediocre but they made good in 3 tries.
(the lights look/work great, finally)

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have only ordered a few sets of emblems from Ron, he has always come thru. It may take a few weeks or so but hopefuly they will come fix the problem. Good luck what ever the out come.

Just bought some emblems on the 16th.... I'm hoping that I get them by the weekend.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave that piece of crap (insert obscene amount here) for 2 door panels that were "off of a 2002 Viper with 3,500 miles." What I received was some warped and scratched garbage that may have once resembled door panels, and all the screws were rusted. I returned them, but was charged $150.00 re-stocking fee. The next time you're in your car take a look at just how big the door panels are and ask yourself if you think he was justified for charging me that much to open a box, remove the "panels" and put them back on the shelf (or in a dumpster were they belong)...and yes, I had to pay the return shipping too. Then after contacting good ole Ron 2 and 3 times a week for 2 MONTHS he FINALLY refunded the money back to my account.

If you want to take your chances with that thief you can't say you weren't warned! Now I go to JonB, and I have never once had a problem.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have definitely heard that 150 restocking fee before with him....

ya cant go wrong with jonB

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A decent auto parts store should have a number of connectors with corresponding pins that need to be crimped on the wire and pushed inside said connector (been there done that to get a Japanese device on my Euro car).
Regardless this crook should be reported to the better business bureau and be put out of business after that.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, you'll get them, but they'll look like they were dragged down a gravel road after being dipped in battery acid. Ron is a crook and a liar, and the odds of you getting a quality part at a fair price are about the same as winning $1,000,000 in Vegas. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but if it does...it's an accident; I can't believe this **** bag is still in business!

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my emblems from him and they were on time and they looked fine. I guess I should buy a lottery ticket. :)

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess what? The 10th came and went... no emblems. If they are not here by the weekend - I am getting my money back and going to spend my $$$ elsewhere....

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread makes me sad, R&J is who I wanted to get to do my calipers, if this is the way they conduct business though looks like I'll need to shop around.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow I have never had these issues with R&J.

Had calipers shipped to them, recieved an outstanding product back.

Traded an item for a full set of emblems, still going strong on the car.

Sent them my locally F'd up valve covers, got an outstanding product back. They were slow on the valve covers but told be prior to me mailing them that they would be and why so it all turned out well. One small speed bump with the color of the valve covers but it was corrected fast and shipped.

I hope he corrects this stuff because he has been great to me.

Rapps

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For what it's worth, we wanted black emblems. We exchanged emails with R&J Distributing about our concerns after reading the comments here. The responses were quick and professional. We were assured there would not be a restocking fee(of $150 on a $150 item) The owner was not in town but still checked and responded to the emails.
I ended up painting ours with auto paint. I did take photos in order to make up a how to for the sight. If the painting hadn't gone well or if it doesn't hold up we will purchase from this vendor barring any other negative feed back.

This is one of the photos, it's not a job for shaky hands or if your rushed. I have gotten to the point of painting them mostly free hand. Biggest issue is the auto paint dries very fast. It's important to be ready and quick once you start putting paint on. I'd say it takes about 1/2 hour per letter give or take. I have the disposable time to do this. If you don't the $150 is a good price. The dealer wants $315 or so with a Chrysler discount.

The second photo is when I tried permanent paint marker. It seemed like it would give more control, but the trick with all of this is using soft brushes. I didn't feel it was a very good job and then switched to the auto paint. Standing next to the car and looking at them they look fine.

Attachments

• 100_4208.jpg
    100_4208.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_4214.jpg
    100_4214.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi everyone....we get most of our orders out on the way on time....but due to some people don't return caliper cores on time, so we have some delay...let's put it this way, we have total of 16 sets of G1/G2/G3 calipers cores, and there are 11 sets out there at this moment....some set has been out for over 2 month....

and as for the emblems....we also try to get all of them out on time....but sometimes we are out the country on business trip, we can't make them on time....so very sorry about that.....and "Next Phase " please e-mail us direct, we will give you discount refund and make your order right and make you happy.....we are not here to scam anyone's money, we were the first one start making these emblems for all viper owners since 2001, and also the first one start doing powercoat calipers exchange since 2002.....so we will try to make all orders right and make everyone happy

thanks

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone....we get most of our orders out on the way on time....but due to some people don't return caliper cores on time, so we have some delay...let's put it this way, we have total of 16 sets of G1/G2/G3 calipers cores, and there are 11 sets out there at this moment....some set has been out for over 2 month....

and as for the emblems....we also try to get all of them out on time....but sometimes we are out the country on business trip, we can't make them on time....so very sorry about that.....and "Next Phase " please e-mail us direct, we will give you discount refund and make your order right and make you happy.....we are not here to scam anyone's money, we were the first one start making these emblems for all viper owners since 2001, and also the first one start doing powercoat calipers exchange since 2002.....so we will try to make all orders right and make everyone happy

thanks

Thanks for the response. I did send a direct e-mail and recieved the update last night at 11pm. Thanks for getting back to me and the discount.

Let me know when I can expect the emblems.

:2tu:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess you were too busy patting yourself on the back to give a response to charging me the $150.00 re-stocking fee on those piece of crap door panels that you lied and told me were in great condition? What about taking so long to refund my money? If what you pulled wasn't a scam...I don't know what is!!! If you were so focused and dedicated to getting your order "right" and making everyone happy I wouldn't be posting this.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave