It’s a small world…

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got finished installing big brakes (14” rotors all around with SRT calipers, wheels and rubber: 285/30ZR19 fronts and 345/25ZR20 rears) on my 2001 RT/10. I had called JonB about getting the correct parts for using 14” rotors on all 4 corners. After placing the order, he called me to let me know that the guy that actually makes the parts lives only 40 miles from me and that I could just stop by his shop and pick them up. I told him to just have him ship them to me and if I had any questions then I would call the guy directly.

That same afternoon I get a call from Mark Johnson, the owner of IPS (Innovative Peripheral Solutions, the company that actually makes the DBB parts), to let me know that he is willing to deliver the parts to me. I meet him later that day and we talk for over an hour about the installation and I find out that he is also a member of the local regional viper club.

He used to be big into Panteras and now he’s on his 3rd viper. He has a CNC machining shop where he makes over 200 parts for Panteras and also numerous parts for vipers. He invites me to bring all my new stuff…wheels, rubber, calipers, rotors, pads and the stuff that he delivered to me (big brake bracket kit, stainless lines, e-brake kit and spare adapter) to his shop and he would help me get it installed.

I show up at his shop on Monday and we got it all installed…

You must be registered for see images

Mark is a perfectionist like me, he says “If we’re going to do it, then we’re going to do it right.” We take a lot of time making sure the new lines are secured correctly so that they don’t come in contact with the arms and wheels under normal turning conditions. He even fabricates, on the fly, a couple of brackets to stabilize the ABS speed sensor lines. It looked like we might not get it done, so I called my wife to let her know that she may need to pick me up. He and his wife, Amy, who didn’t even know us just a few days ago invite us to stay for supper and we all share some spaghetti and talk vipers and the upcoming VOI.

It’s a small world…and it shows that some viper owners are really nice people. Mark also makes viper parts for some of the site sponsors. He has all of his parts listed on his website (IPS)…with links to the site sponsors, the VCA, local VCA and numerous Pantera sites.

Last edited by a moderator:

forexx4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't usually comment on people's RT's but this one is NICE!! I have a '99 ACR and might look into a BBK in the near future. :headbang:

OP
OP
LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like you anymore Ken... :( LOL

Awesome story!!!!!!! Glad to hear you got everything installed!

I got soooooooo lucky with Mark living right here. He was so helpful...he kept telling me what to do and then checking up on me. He did the sawzalling and the brake line work.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was VERY glad to provide you this tech support option for our DBB products, {Jance Too} and we called to pre-arrange it w/ them. ] Thats how he got your number!!! At first, you turned DOWN the offer and paid the s/h!] Glad you changed your mind. Dave and I have enjoyed a great relationship with them, and it comes as NO surprise he helped our mutual customers above and beyond....... Glad you like the DBB Kit, and the rotor choice looks GREAT on that car...... NICE CLOCK in the background too! Thanks

I just got finished installing big brakes (14” rotors all around with SRT calipers), wheels (CCW 505a) and rubber (Nitto INVO: 285/30ZR19 fronts and 345/25ZR20 rears) on my 2001 RT/10. I had called JonB about getting the correct parts for using 14” rotors on all 4 corners. After placing the order, he called me to let me know that the guy that actually makes the Dave’s Big Brake parts lives only 40 miles from me and that I could just stop by his shop and pick them up. I told him to just have him ship them to me and if I had any questions then I would call the guy directly.

That same afternoon I get a call from Mark Johnson, the owner of IPS (Innovative Peripheral Solutions, the company that actually makes the DBB parts), to let me know that he is willing to deliver the parts to me. I meet him later that day .........
I got soooooooo lucky with Mark living right here. He was so helpful...he kept telling me what to do and then checking up on me. He did the sawzalling and the brake line work.

Last edited:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great story . I got the 14" DBB kit all corners from JonB myself and couldn't be happier with the results :2tu:. Car stops like an anchor thrown from the rear bumper.:D . I have a question ? Can a partial part of the DBB kit ordered ? Friend of mine has a couple of Vipers . A 95 black Hhennessey Venom RT10 and a 99 ACR 650 with the OEM brake setup. I was going to give him my 13" front calipers and rotors to use on his rear and use my Wilwood PV to set up the bias.He would only need rear brackets and e-brake kit for 13" .

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark is awesome to talk to and very knowledgeable about these setups. I have talked to him numerous times about my setup and other options and even assisted in the rerouting of the passenger side emergency brake cable.

On a side note has anyone tested that oil filter he has?

Last edited:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What was the difference in rerouting the passenger side cable ? :confused: I re-route both cables the same way , no problem.It's easy to work on this car ,especially on a hoist ,eh.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you go by the directions the passenger e-brake cable would drop down and sit on the axle. if you use the factory mount and bend the e-brake cable the opposite way it holds up tight with no issues. These were the old instructions and were updated over a year ago.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great story . I got the 14" DBB kit all corners from JonB myself and couldn't be happier with the results :2tu:. Car stops like an anchor thrown from the rear bumper.:D . I have a question ? Can a partial part of the DBB kit ordered ? Friend of mine has a couple of Vipers . A 95 black Hhennessey Venom RT10 and a 99 ACR 650 with the OEM brake setup. I was going to give him my 13" front calipers and rotors to use on his rear and use my Wilwood PV to set up the bias.He would only need rear brackets and e-brake kit for 13" .

Short answer: YES !

OP
OP
LifeIsGood

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to start the lowering of my viper by installing some new spring caps. I've read the threads about using a spring/strut compressor tool. I've seen a number of different ones during my research. Does anybody have suggestions about which type is better/easier to use? What tool did you guys use?

Thanks,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62