It's raining in San Francisco...

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...but I'm just itching to take the snake out. Driven in the rain many times, but first time making a conscious effort to do so. So if you read about a horrific one car red/white Viper pile up in my neck of the woods... probably me. :D

*knock on wood*

These cars make us stupid sometimes... happy, but stupid. :drive:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...but I'm just itching to take the snake out. Driven in the rain many times, but first time making a conscious effort to do so. So if you read about a horrific one car red/white Viper pile up in my neck of the woods... probably me. :D
*knock on wood*

PLEASE don't say such things!!! Yes, go out and enjoy your Viper in the rain, but you KNOW you gotta be careful...you CAN still enjoy the ride though! Be Happy, but don't be stupid~~~:nono: ! ENJOY--I know we have to while we can before garaging for the winter...yeah, I know--WHAT is winter to YOU!!! LOL....juli
(BE SAFE)

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

*knock on wood*

Good luck, last winter I was on highway 280 (by Palo Alto)and slided across 2 lanes in my Cobra due to hail and rain.
Wide tires + power= not rain friendly

Daston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well suprise suprise its raining here in england 2 like it does for around 350 days of the year :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well suprise suprise its raining here in england 2 like it does for around 350 days of the year :)

Well, are YOU gonna drive your Viper in the rain? Seeing as we're not San Francisco, it's much cooler here, so no, driving in the rain in the Fall is not feasible...roads too cold/slippery with the wide tires...but Warfang is in warmer weather/more feasible to driving CAREFULLY in the rain...how bout you? ~juli

Daston

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell I wont drive my supra in the rain and that has fancy traction control rubbish

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell I wont drive my supra in the rain and that has fancy traction control rubbish

Love the Supras...I turn OFF my traction control in my daily driver...doesn't help me a bit...and I simply don't like it!!! Bummer with the rain...hope it clears up soon so we can take our BEASTS out...no matter WHAT beasts they be!!! ~juli

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I won't drive my Viper in the rain...EVER. Way too picky about the cleanliness. Heck, I don't even wash it with a hose and bucket. I just use detailer and rags all over. (yes underneath too) Sorry, just to protective I guess.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't drive my Viper in the rain...EVER. Way too picky about the cleanliness. Heck, I don't even wash it with a hose and bucket. I just use detailer and rags all over. (yes underneath too) Sorry, just to protective I guess.

We don't INTENTIONALLY drive in the rain, but sure, have gotten caught up in it...and if we have an event to go to, if rain=will travel in Viper!! But, yes, in the Fall, it's tougher, and we have to really have a warm-ish day to drive it. Just saying in San Francisco, where Warfang started this thread, it's probably more feasible to drive in rain, and yep, we've got BLACK, so difficult to clean, and we are as fanatic as the next Viper owner about cleaning it!! ~juli

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was like that with my '93 - until the panoramic photo day at VOI #1. It rained on close to 200 RT/10s (most of them for the first time) in the Chrysler HQ parking lot. I drove it back to the hotel in the rain and never had to worry about that hangup again. VOI #3 at Indy was a washout too.