Jay Leno and the Gen V

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^ Agreed. she does not seem like a viper person, she doesn't even look happy to be there.

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
not gonna lie, watched the Pagani video afterwards and it made me *** a little! LoL!

with a 1.4M price tag, i'll stick with SRT :)

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting that the base model is the "track" model. I would have thought the opposite.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the intro, Ralph said that with both models, you can turn off everything except the braking assistance. The SRT Viper has a track pac option (as does the GTS). The SRT comes out lighter because it doesn't have some of the sound insulation materials, espically in the wheel wells. So, SRT model with track pac is the way to go if you like to track day your car somewhat frequently. The SRT Viper is the next gen basic Viper. The GTS is somewhat upscale with interior and sound insulation and a bit heavier. The SRT uses cloth interior, GTS uses leather.

According to Ralph, in the current Viper Nation, about half of the Viper owners track the car frequently. The SRT Viper is intended to appeal to those folks. The GTS is for the other half and also intended to capture new owners who want a bit more refinement in their car.

Last edited:

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Beth's going to represent SRT, she needs to pay attention to her grooming, her body language and, her tone of voice.:2tu:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link ! I hadn't seen that. I wonder if Jay is on the waiting list for one ?

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Beth's going to represent SRT, she needs to pay attention to her grooming, her body language and, her tone of voice.:2tu:

She seems really out of her element. She doesn't seem to have any emotion tied to the car. It is as if this is just another job for her.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. At the Gala she spoke for a bit and no one paid attention to her. I felt the same weird vibe then as I did seeing her in the video. When I saw her in person I kept thinking to myself "who is this chick and damn does she come across as a b*tch". Almost seemed like she was some random person they paid to stand there and blurt off some literature about the car and SRT. She might be a nice woman. She may actually know her stuff and care about the Viper/cars in general, but I honestly dont get that from her when I see her talk, thats for sure.
She seems really out of her element. She doesn't seem to have any emotion tied to the car. It is as if this is just another job for her.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't see anything wrong with her presentation - a little laid back which I think Leno may have preferred because it was HIS presentation, not Beth's or SRT's. A stronger personality may have dominated his presentation.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456