Jay Leno's 1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe tube vid..cool look see

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He pretty much sums up why we're all here... He shares our creedo...

Someone else had just posted on here yesterday but with Jay's black 93' almost same video, that's what he does with all his cars (he makes you feel like he's just one of the guys in your car club & its the best car in the world) at least he seems to do some homework on them before he shoots the videos (he's usually about 85% right on most of the things he says) seems like a great down to earth guy, but I'm sure Conan would have a few things to add to that. JMO

TheRPMguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else get the impression Jay knew all along that the Viper wasn't really going out of production? Or do you think he was really just guessing?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny that when Jay was walking down the assembly line and did an interview at the start of it the first thing that popped into my mind was Viper Magazine Summer 96' with all the GTS's. Wonder if that photo was taken at the same time. :)

--RS

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay is probably already on an informal celebrity list for a gen5.

You know Jay got the 2nd Viper made, black '93 model I believe, his words not mine (behind Bob Lutz, I think thats his name, Dodge head honcho) He said they told him he got the first but really Bob got the first, but he didn't really mind.

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know Jay got the 2nd Viper made, black '93 model I believe, his words not mine (behind Bob Lutz, I think thats his name, Dodge head honcho) He said they told him he got the first but really Bob got the first, but he didn't really mind.

I believe he has the 2nd black viper ever made, as there are quite a few '92 vipers out there... and his being a '93, would be impossible for his to be the 2nd Viper made. Just sayin' is all.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Funny how he opens the drivers door, as he says "Lets open the hood"! He said that CAAP built his 1955 Packard. That would not be the case, as before the Viper, the building that is now CAAP used to be a Champion spark plug factory, and opened in 1966, long after his old beloved baby was built. He says he has the Corsa exhaust on it, but those tips look otherwise, unless Corsa had a different style at one point.

Jay must have other things to do, besides be an automotive historian, or take dozens of hours to research and smooth out production of his videos. Like making millions of dollars. I'd certainly trade jobs with him!

Viper owner since 2001

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great Video thanks for sharing. My favorite comments:

"Competition makes everyone better."
"There a lot of plastic in this car, just like women in Hollywood, and they both look great. :lmao:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay is not just a car nut. What sold me on his "Jay's Garage" thing was his steam engine....

Well, his cars are cool too..