Jersey Viper crashes on Turnpike

0260in3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope everyone is ok. "...before the tidal wave of an accident ended" - newspaper must be a CNN affiliate ;)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any Viper lost is a tragedy... at least nobody died.

Here's to insurance rate increases! My wife had a small fender bender in her SUV, and they increased my Viper rate by $2k/yr! :eek: Needless to say, I changed insurance company.

I'd hate to think the increase after this accident with injuries. :eek:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bth1, how ya liking the car? is it back from tators now i assume?

nice meeting ya that day up there.

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Plumcrazy, I just picked the car up Saturday. Chuck did the 998 recall, put on the newer head gasket and took care of some other smaller stuff.

He said the car looks clean and checks out so I am happy. It runs strong and I am really enjoying it. Vipers really are a lot of fun to drive.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. must have been a new owner
2. Ya' gotta be carfull there cars will jump out and bite ya
3. prob some kid
4. gotta go to driving school
5. Street racing... take it to the track

What did I miss?
Honestly I just hope everyone is OK. Cars can be replaced.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold tires can fool the best of us. I have not experienced snap oversteer in the Gen III during straight ahead acceleration until 3 weeks ago. Cold tires 50 degrees and entering the freeway. Third gear accel to merge (was getting up to about 60 when I opened it up to get to about 80 fairly quickly) and bam I was at a 30+ angle and had to reign her in quickly. I guess thank goodness I have been in that situation on the track and was able to stop it without overcorrecting. So, for me (no kid :) ), done driving schools and track days and not racing at the time. It can happen to the best of us. Do not assume it must have been a new or inexperienced owner. Cold tires can bite anyone.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they concentrated on building roads flat and true with speed limits to match this might not have happen!Glad to hear everyones alive.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are learning. It's great fun to do a move in my new WunderKar just to hear the passengers scream 'we're gonna die!' then the magic Hal9000 steps in to save us from doom at the last possible moment. On public roads.

Wouldn't have it on a track car. That's where the OFF switch comes in handy!

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live right in the area, but it wasn't me.

Traction control would be a good thing as long as you could override it. It seems like there are too many crashes every year due to Viper Bite.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456