JonB and anyone else who has a hood by Elite?

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB- Do you sell these?

Those who own one of these hoods- Are they a good quality hood(I don't mean the paint job), do they match up as well as factory hoods, and is everything real symetrical?

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to Mark Cooper. I saw his and cannot recommend you purchase one of these, his looked like junk.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to Mark Cooper. I saw his and cannot recommend you purchase one of these, his looked like junk.

Hate to disagree with you but its far from a piece of Junk..yes they have to be properly prepared and block sanded but I f done by the right guy they look great..heres proof....

4718Dsc001-med.jpg

4718My_Pictures00101.jpg

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,

The amount of hours needed to make it look halfway decent is embarrising, and the fit is terrible.

Adam, How many days did it take to make yours look ok,, can you take close ups of the underside to show us, and mine had delams, pits, cracks, and bubbles. Adam be honest!

Once again, DO NOT DO IT, Send it to Autoform or have someone put an autoform vent in,,

I just had one done,, who wants to see,, can someone host a pic for me,?

Mark

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no question it required alot of preparation work before painting and was not what was advertised when it comes to claims of ready to paint but when it was finally finished by professional paint shop along with facia it came out beautiful and fit fine... but you will spend more money in doing it perfect which shipped it wasnt, but its not a piece of junk as said above..

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry but the hood on the black Viper in this post is horrible.

The black covers up many of the flaws in the picture I am sure, and even so you can still see the 2 inch gaps between facia and hood.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry but the hood on the black Viper in this post is horrible.

The black covers up many of the flaws in the picture I am sure, and even so you can still see the 2 inch gaps between facia and hood.

Black is the hardest color to make look perfect. Hardest color to "cover up" the flaws. Gap looks correct for a Gen I.
No way it's 2 inches, get your eyes checked now :eek:

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always loved the look of this hood, it's a great design but I have opted to design my own. I have purchased a used/slightly damaged Gen 2 hood and will be doing some clay modeling for the custom scoop (inspired by the Ferrari 550) and exhaust vents over the wheels (similiar in design to Gen 3/Elite hood). I'll post pics during the project to show you guys how it's coming along.

I have no intention to sell such a hood. This is simply a fun thing to do for my 94. However, since I have to make molds anyway, I may offer the scoop and vents as separate pieces so someone could have them professionally installed into a stock hood.

Jeff

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey russ I think your confused with 2" and the size of your Pnus..The gap is less than 1/2"..sweet dreams

Adam you didnt mind it the other night when your wife was giving it a spit shine while you watched.

Look at the passenger side and notice the completly exposed side of the head light. 2 inch is much closer than 1/2 inch, you better examine another stock viper which was not crashed for your comparison picks.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So let me get this straight Russ....

So while you make up your mind if the gap is 2" between the hood and the facia as you first posted or now where you say its between the headlight and the hood I say you probably haven't even 1/100 of the mods that I have done on this car and if you post and ask opinions by NY/CT members who have seen my car they would disagree with your assessment.Hey Russ anytime you want to put your viper against mine in a car show Ill take that bet...as far as the other crap is concerned....It doesnt surprise me that you talk a tough game from 3000 miles away however if you care to say that to me in person Im sure you'll be eating your sushi through a straw when I get through with you...Good luck in prison!

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adam,

I travel to NY very often, if you want to make something more of this any time pal.

Remember it was you who started with the personal insults, and I still stand by my statement about the picture. Far as comparing vipers, please dont make me start comparing my Viper to yours. Since besides the obvious hood gaps and the Jay Lenno front end your car is very nice.

PS. Perhaps in the second picture the passenger side latch did not catch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave