JonB- The best prices with the fastest shipping!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I somehow bent my reverse shift fork while on a recent VCA trip. The result was an ugly grinding noise when I would come off the clutch when attempting to back up. I got home and went to a couple local tranny shops and got estimates to replace/rebuild the transmission. Before making a decision, I decided to see if Jon B had any hookups for rebuilt trannys. Jon emailed me back and sold me a brand new, 0 mile, Gen 3 tranny for $1695 shipped! This is the same price I was quoted to rebuild mine or replace with a rebuilt Gen 2 tranny locally! Considering my tranny had 93k on it and the Gen 3 has some beefed up internals vs. the Gen 1&2's, this was the easist decision of my life :D

I agreed to buy the tranny on Tuesday. It arrived on Friday morning and was installed that afternoon! The Gen 3 tranny even already had the speed sensor hole (for Gen 1&2's) drilled and tapped! That saved me a trip to a machine shop and $50-100 in labor if they would've had to drill and tap it! Jon even told me I could take 60 days to pay for the tranny! Most places require payment in full before they lift a finger. Jon shipped the transmission before he even received my 1st payment!

I emailed him afterwards with a couple followup questions and he answered each very quickly and even offered me another great deal on an aluminum flywheel if I wanted it.

Service doesn't get any better that that! Jon is without a doubt one of the cornerstones of the VCA and we should all support him every chance we get! Thanks Jon!!

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats on the new tranny

JonB is a viper world asset for sure

(i miss his "if it fits on a viper" posts, they gave me confidence owning a viper that repairs/mods are always within my budget.....how will the noobs know this secret of viper ownership????)

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good deal. did that price include exchange of your old one back to Jon?

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The key to this story was agreeing to buy on Tuesday. This would have never happened with a Monday transaction. I hear Jon does not even give away stuff on Monday.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon has great service, even on Monday. I can speak from experience since I have ordered twice from him on Mondays. He is usually pretty swamped and will admit that he can be slightly short. Still that takes nothing away from his outstanding customer service and competitive pricing.:headbang:

:usa:

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon has great service, even on Monday. I can speak from experience since I have ordered twice from him on Mondays. He is usually pretty swamped and will admit that he can be slightly short. Still that takes nothing away from his outstanding customer service and competitive pricing.:headbang:

:usa:
The Monday reference is a long standing joke that even Jon participates in and tongue in cheek .