Junk man kit, where can I get it?

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all. I live around the Chicago area and I am looking to buy the entire junk man kit from Adams.
Is there a supplier around that carries it? I prefer not to mail order the kit mainly because I am utterly impatient when it come to waiting for things to come in the mail.
But if that's the only choice I have then who offers the kit that has the best deal?

Please help & thanks

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like mail order might be the only way to get the "Junkman Kit." Otherwise I would think you would just have to find out whats in the kit and purchase the individual pieces from whoever carries Adams products.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It can be ordered directly off the Adams website. But I got mine through Thompson Racing (board sponsor I believe) and, trust me, that's the way to go.

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like mail order it is then. Thanks junkman!
Do I order it through Thompson's or Adam's to use your discount code?
If only the mass public knew about your wash and wax techniques, then they would sell your kits everywhere.
Was going to have a detail guy come to my house and do a complete detail on the viper, but they were charging around $500 and up, so it just makes more sense to buy the whole kit for the same price and be able to do all my cars over and over again.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If only the mass public knew about your wash and wax techniques, then they would sell your kits everywhere.
Was going to have a detail guy come to my house and do a complete detail on the viper, but they were charging around $500 and up, so it just makes more sense to buy the whole kit for the same price and be able to do all my cars over and over again.

To my knowledge the code only works at Adam's, but I think Eric will match the discount all day long and also toss in some freebies, if you're nice :D

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eric Thompson is the man to contact. He and his family have put on two Adam's clinics with the Junkman. Super nice people, clean shop with some very nice vehicles. Eric himself drives a black Viper 'vert, sorta kinda looks like..mine! Hey, the man has good taste.:D

Seriously, he'll get ya fixed right up.:headbang:

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BAM. You have figured it out, but I need to slightly alter the way you're thinking. By saying that you will be able to do all of your cars over and over again, you imply that you are going to fix your cars, and then damage them over and over again. That's not the way that you want to think. You want to fix all your cars ONCE, and then properly maintain them from that point forward. The good thing is that you will not only have everything you need to maintain them, but also the things you may need if by chance some accident happens. That kit will do a lot of cars and once your paint is fixed, you should do the things necessary to keep from having to fix your paint more than once.

But hey, YOU'RE THINKING! :headbang:

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are absolutely right! Fix all once then maintain all over and over again.
On a different note, I bet its a good feeling to know that you personally raise property values in your neighborhood, because I know everyone that owns a nice car would pay top dollar for a chance to be your neighbor.
I gotta make it to one of your detail days soon. Got anything in the Chicago area coming up?

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have anything planned, but that just a little drive for me. If the VCA Members up there want to set something up, I'm all ears! :)

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Order from Eric Thompson, he is a SITE SUPPORTER, CLUB MEMBER, and VIPER OWNER:2tu::headbang:

He also hosted our Detail Clinic at his shop and brought the Junkman in for the clinic

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried the number given for Eric but I'm not sure if it is actually his number or not. I got a standard voice mail message. Does he have a business number or anything else that I can get ahold of him through?
Tried the web site and got nothing on ordering the kit through him.

The VCA forum on not all that user friendly when it comes to contacting supporting vendors. It could use some refinement in that department. I didn't even see Thompson Racing on the supporting vendor link.

Please help me spend my money.

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have anything planned, but that just a little drive for me. If the VCA Members up there want to set something up, I'm all ears! :)

That is exactly why you rock. I am very new to the viper club and have attended just one club meeting so far, but I will bring it up to the chapter prez and maybe get something going. It will be just another thing to bring up along with many other activities I would like to see hapen, but that would be at the top of my list. I hate being the new guy!

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too late for Eric :( I just ordered it through Adam's sight. Told ya all I was very impatient. Not sure he could do much better than $509.10 shipped anyway plus they threw in the severe pad and haze remover to boot.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is exactly why you rock. I am very new to the viper club and have attended just one club meeting so far, but I will bring it up to the chapter prez and maybe get something going. It will be just another thing to bring up along with many other activities I would like to see hapen, but that would be at the top of my list. I hate being the new guy!

I hope that they have had a chance to see my videos! They might be like, "Junk who?" :rolaugh:

Eric is at Carlisle this weekend doing the spring show or he would have chimed in.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junkman - received my first deep clear coat scratch tonight. Looks like some chics wanted to do the "come F*ck me" pose on my hood while I was inside. Specifically asked the valet to watch my car and noticed it when I got home. Three nice scratches. Can you PM me your email so I can shoot you some pics and guide me on how to remove them? I was about to order your kit but figured this may take a little more work. Thanks!

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope that they have had a chance to see my videos! They might be like, "Junk who?" :rolaugh:

Eric is at Carlisle this weekend doing the spring show or he would have chimed in.

I would hope that anyone who owns a viper and is a VCA member knows who you are. If not then I feel sorry for their car.
This is funny, when I was talking to the (professional) car detailer about their tenique on washing and polishing my viper, I asked them if they use "the junkman" style. He said "who?" I said, "you know, the two bucket method." He said "never heard of it.". So I told him to look up junkman on YouTube and call me when he is ready to wash my car the right way.

To bad about Eric no being around this weekend, but when I called Adam's for my order I got a **** voice on the other end of the phone, plus she seemed to know her stuff about taking care of cars. Now I know why you endorse Adam's like you do ;).

Have a great weekend.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Junkman - received my first deep clear coat scratch tonight. Looks like some chics wanted to do the "come F*ck me" pose on my hood while I was inside. Specifically asked the valet to watch my car and noticed it when I got home. Three nice scratches. Can you PM me your email so I can shoot you some pics and guide me on how to remove them? I was about to order your kit but figured this may take a little more work. Thanks!

It sounds like those scratches will require some wet sanding. That is not something that I would advise you to try unless you know how to do it. Do you?

I would hope that anyone who owns a viper and is a VCA member knows who you are. If not then I feel sorry for their car.
This is funny, when I was talking to the (professional) car detailer about their tenique on washing and polishing my viper, I asked them if they use "the junkman" style. He said "who?" I said, "you know, the two bucket method." He said "never heard of it.". So I told him to look up junkman on YouTube and call me when he is ready to wash my car the right way.

To bad about Eric no being around this weekend, but when I called Adam's for my order I got a **** voice on the other end of the phone, plus she seemed to know her stuff about taking care of cars. Now I know why you endorse Adam's like you do ;).

Have a great weekend.

:rolaugh: :rolaugh:

That poor guy is probably still shaking his head!

That was Ashley you talked to and yes, she knows her stuff. But you can't have her because she's ALL mine! :D

You must be registered for see images

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mover over Superman here is a real hero.

You must be registered for see images

Bruce

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62