Junkman...have you used this product??

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Day,

Have you got any experience with a product called MicroFuse towels? They come on a roll and look like white paper towels with a very fine texture to them. Made by Carrand company.

I usually have a large assortment of microfiber towels for wiping, polishing etc. But when I travel, I always carry some detail spray and towels to get off bird poop, spots, etc. I hate to have to keep the dirty microfiber towels in the car with me. I like the idea of a towel that I can use and then throw away while at the track, traveling, etc.

I tried these on my practice vehicle (Wifes Sequoia) and they seem to work very well for detail spray and minor detailing. One advantage is they are also great for windows as they don't leave any lint behind.

Any thoughts or experience with this product.

Thanks in advance,
George

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey George, I am not at all familiar with this product. I must say, however, that I would be very hesitant on putting any type of paper product on my paint. What you can do is get a blank CD and wipe on the recordable side with these towels. If they scratch the back of your CD, then you can bet that they will do the same exact thing to your clear coat.

Although there are things that you can do in order to take shortcuts in some aspects of detailing, some things just can't be avoided. It's a question of just how perfect you want your paint to be.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do it dry. That is the test that shows what a towel is made of. If it doesn't scratch dry, then you are sure to be okay when wet. This is also a great test for those who think dryer sheets are a smart thing to use for removing bug guts. I don't know who came up with that bright idea but I see it repeated a lot as something to do in detailing forums. :omg:

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Junkman. What a great idea for a test. I think I'll be testing all of my microfibers in that way. A scratch in a CD sure beats a scratch on my viper. Thanks Again!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe junkman can chime in. But The best towels for paint I have EVER used (by far), are the Zaino Blonde, border free towels. Not cheap, but the best... they also sell good microfiber towels at costco in large packs. Im sure you've seen them (the yellow ones). I use these sometimes on the lower painted areas, when they are fresh and new.

Once I wash them or they get dirty, they get demoted to doing wheels, then tires, the trash. Once they are washed. I do not touch them to paint again. As they just aren't that high quality of towel.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe junkman can chime in. But The best towels for paint I have EVER used (by far), are the Zaino Blonde, border free towels. Not cheap, but the best... they also sell good microfiber towels at costco in large packs. Im sure you've seen them (the yellow ones). I use these sometimes on the lower painted areas, when they are fresh and new.

Once I wash them or they get dirty, they get demoted to doing wheels, then tires, the trash. Once they are washed. I do not touch them to paint again. As they just aren't that high quality of towel.

Okay, you went two totally different ways in your post. By far, the Zaino towels are one of the best, if not the best shorter nap microfiber towels on the market. You will be hard pressed to find anything of better quality. If they could only keep them in stock!

Now anything out of Costco is going to be made in China junk, and couldn't carry the Zaino towel's jock strap. I'm surprised that you like them after touching a Zaino towel. Side by side, you have got to notice the difference. I am 100% with you on the borderless blond, but you couldn't give me the Costco towels for free.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but you couldn't give me the Costco towels for free.
The Costco towels are Great!

For wiping down my dogs.... :rolaugh:

Consider the Costco towels as Microfiber pet wipes... They work great for that :2tu:

[media]http://loverotts.com/Faraoh_Von_Lieberhund_files/shapeimage_2.png[/media]

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Costco towels are Great!

For wiping down my dogs.... :rolaugh:

Consider the Costco towels as Microfiber pet wipes... They work great for that :2tu:

[media]http://loverotts.com/Faraoh_Von_Lieberhund_files/shapeimage_2.png[/media]

:rolaugh:

We see eye to eye. :2tu:

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Costco Microfiber towels are not good enough for wheels?? ok. sorry guys, I guess I really have no clue what Im talking about. thanks for setting me straight.

Last edited:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Costco Microfiber towels are not good enough for wheels?? ok. sorry guys, I guess I really have no clue what Im talking about. thanks for setting me straight.
Hey Taxi
I'm sure they are fine for wheels when new. I started out using them on my paint just like a lot of people. Then started seeing all kinds of scratches in my paint. Went to my detailer and he is the one who told me to stop using them for the car. I had a new package of Costco towels.. They were open, I couldn't take them back... So I started using them on my dogs, thats partially why my dogs look so shiny in my website photos. Costco towels rock on black dogs!

After paying my detailer a few hundred $ I stopped using them on any of my cars... didn't mean to make you feel bad...

If Junkman gets Costco towels for free I have a great use for them... LOL

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... If Junkman gets Costco towels for free I have a great use for them... LOL

Now don't get me wrong but as Kala has shown, they have their uses. I use them as grease rags when I'm working on my car. They are great for scrubbing the grease off my hands. The red shop towels are too thin for my taste so I like those made in China towels for that. :2tu:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the question of the day is...

How do you feel about using Costco towels on wheels when the towels are new?

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the question of the day is...

How do you feel about using Costco towels on wheels when the towels are new?

On polished aluminum, no problem because you have to keep polishing those things to make them shine. You basically remove the scratches every time you do that. Painted or chrome wheels do not require polishing and thus, you don't want to keep scratching up the surface and trying to fix it. This is especially true on deep dish wheels. Ain't nothing nastier looking than a deep dish with scratches all over the lip. :omg:

Keep in mind that I am not saying this because I don't care for the quality of those towels, I'm saying this because I have had the scratched up wheels at one time to show for it. My view is from experience, not my opinion which a lot of what I practice has been derived from learning from my screw ups.