Just how good do you think the 03' performance will be?

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just how good do you think the 03\' performance will be?

Hello;

Lot's of competition on the horizon; new Vette, Ford GT-40 (maybe) and I am sure a few others. Our Vipers have been so outrageous for so long; everytime I see the stat list in Road/Track, Car/Driver I just grin! Everyone else has been playing catch-up for ten years.

We all know about the 500/500/500. Will the extra 50 ponies and new aerodynamics/handling design keep us in the realm of the unbelievable at the suggested comparable price?

What are some suggested performance stats that seem to be factual? I am really excited to hear more about the new snake. We have all feared that the new design/greater production figures would take us more in the direction of the Vette' (which is still a great car and value) but we have enjoyed real exclusitivity with our snakes.

Are we entering a new, and truly outrageous new level of performance, or just keeping slightly ahead of the hungry, capable competitors?

Sorry, long as usual, but I hope these are good, honest questions that will stimulate some factual (and hopefully exciting) answers!

Sincerely,

Jim Wallace

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Just how good do you think the 03\' performance will be?

I absolutely agree with Mako that those will be the numbers the magazines get from the car - just like they get 12.2@118 now.

I am without doubt that someone will run an 11.5 at 125mph in this car... I just hope it's me that does it first
smile.gif

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well I don't have any real numbers to pass along but if you look at the press package which was released with the new SRT-10 Dodge Ram it listed a 1/4 mile time of 12.9. Didn't hit me right away but that was with a truck!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sheyster,

Supposedly, Dodge has done exactly that. The top on the '03 is supposed to be something of a structural member. It's not a traditional soft top that is very flexible, it actually is rigid enough to survive high speeds and does add to the aerodynamics of the car.

So perhaps 200mph isn't too far out of the realm of reason?