Just installed cruise control

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it may be considered as treason by some, but I just wanted to install a cruise control on my Viper.

I did have some difficulties, however I am glad with the results.

You must be registered for see images

I put some other pictures on My Viper Page below, under "In my Garage".

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool.gif
Michel

Did you install a clutch switch for disengaging the system when active/on? I'm assuming your utilizing the brake light switch for disengagement. Who's System are you using?
NICE installation!
BURNOUT.gif

OP
OP
S

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

I bought the system from SnakeOyl. For clutch disengagement, it detects an increase in rpm (from the tach). I am told to be careful at the beginning since the system may need to "learn" this features before it is fully operational....

Michel.

S

SUN RA KAT

Keep us informed as to how well it performs and if it meets all your expectations.

I was thinking about getting one for highway use because I don't really have enough leg room to stretch out in because I'm 6'5".
I have headroom because I have the 2" seat lowering kit, but it doesn't help with legroom.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">I also proudly installed the SnakeOyl cruise control. (the only kit modified for Viper use that I'm aware of) A few times a year I travel to NY from Indy and the cruise gives my bent knee a much needed rest.

Installation is fairly straight forward, directions however are quite weak. It pays to talk with SnakeOyl directly or with someone that's been through it before.

The intent on the install is to place everything under the hood and use the wireless remote (shown in Michel's picture) to control it. Unfortunately, the signal is blocked by the firewall and results in erratic response. It is now recommended to move the receiver inside the drivers compartment so the transmitter and receiver are in close proximity.

Michel is also correct on the "learning" required for proper clutch deactivation. Takes about 30 ~ 45 minutes of use before it understands that a clutch depression resulting in rpm increase without mph increase is a bad thing.....</FONT f>

OP
OP
S

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,

I should have mentioned our e-mail exchange. Thank you very much for helping me out when I had questions.

If anybody contemplates this addition, I would also be glad to share my experiences.

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michel,

Got the same system about two years ago very happy with it but never managed to work out how to mount the remote control.

How did you do it I tried every combination but could not work it out.

Could we meet up next year sometime? it would be great to have a VOI mini in Europe.

OP
OP
S

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

I had the same problem. Normal Velcro is not rigid enough. I found at the hardware store some 3M heavy duty Velcro strip which is perfect for this installation. In order to keep the remote straight, I used two layers of it on the narrow end.

Hope this helps.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
S

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul,

One more thing. Yes for a mini VOI Europe. Swiss VCA meets annually with German VCA. However if all clubs could get together it would be great.

Another suggestion would be to synchronise this event with the coming of Skip Thomas' group in August 2003.

KERS-VPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Michel,
I was checking out your Viper page and I like some of your old cars. I had a 77' Monaco and almost bought a Magnum but held off for the next year Mirada. Matter of fact I still have the Mirada. Thanks for a trip into the past. Ahh memories!
yesnod.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would never personally enjoy cruise control on my viper, but Ron Adee (One Lap of America Champion) has it on his first place Viper. I can tell you he loves it and said that it was needed to help on the long trips between tracks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62