just saw the new viper at VOI and......

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent. Please decribe it.
Is it bigger? Smaller? Lower? Wider? More curves? What car does it most look like? Was it a mockup or was there a hood? If there was a hood was it clamshell or regular? Please try to describe it in as much detail as possible. Thanks.

It's GORGEOUS! I can't wait to buy it!

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you gotta be ****ing kidding me. starting a thread like this without a pic. Deserves a ban if you ask me

OP
OP
R

Ronald L. Cypher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am at airport catching the red eye to make the Steelers game. So this will be quick. It was a beautiful shade of red.....candy apple. Led headlights like the Audi R8. Side exhaust. Great curves like generation 2. Gorgeous body work and lines. Rear tail lights look like led also.VERY dramatic lines.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that you are tired but try a little harder to remember some precise detail. Is it the same size or smaller? Where are the vents in the hood? On ther side? Are there aero effects? If so, what kind?

I am at airport catching the red eye to make the Steelers game. So this will be quick. It was a beautiful shade of red.....candy apple. Led headlights like the Audi R8. Side exhaust. Great curves like generation 2. Gorgeous body work and lines. Rear tail lights look like led also.VERY dramatic lines.

OP
OP
R

Ronald L. Cypher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They took all phones and cameras. Did a metal body search with a wand. Lots of other future cars showed. .....Dodge has a bright future. The speech by the president of Dodge was impressive and exciting.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what? They let you bring your brain in didn't they? LOL. Please use that G-d given tool and provide those of who were unable to come with a detailed descroiption. Thanks.

They wanded everybody before they let you in...absolutely no cameras or cell phones allowed.

04mystic

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what? They let you bring your brain in didn't they? LOL. Please use that G-d given tool and provide those of who were unable to come with a detailed descroiption. Thanks.

I am feeling your frustration!!!!

Come on guys! Throw us a bone! Wider? Bigger?

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks - thats what I wanted to hear! ;)

(a bit more detail would be appreciated, if you get a minute?)

Jim

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry, Bob...I was actually underwhelmed. It has the curves of a GEN II GTS, but maybe just a little less curvy. It did not have a wing or a splitter or canards. The middle of the top had a dip in it towards the rear glass. The hood was probably a clamshell type, but I'm not positive as it wasn't open. We didn't get to see the engine, but Ralph said that the viper would continue as a V-10. The rear end was different than the GEN II GTS...a little less curvy. The wheel spokes flared out and looked like flower pedals.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm did the rear look anything like the sketches that Ralph did in the other thread?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you. Now we are getting somewhere. Did it continue with the double bubble top? Was it the same size car or smaller? Is there an air duct in the center of the hood? Are there vents behind the doors?

Sorry, Bob...I was actually underwhelmed. It has the curves of a GEN II GTS, but maybe just a little less curvy. It did not have a wing or a splitter or canards. The middle of the top had a dip in it towards the rear glass. The hood was probably a clamshell type, but I'm not positive as it wasn't open. We didn't get to see the engine, but Ralph said that the viper would continue as a V-10. The rear end was different than the GEN II GTS...a little less curvy. The wheel spokes flared out and looked like flower pedals.

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK - so Gen II'esque (a little less curvy), maybe clamshell hood, nod toward V10 from RG...damn, I wanna see this animal!

Jim

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you. Now we are getting somewhere. Did it continue with the double bubble top? Was it the same size car or smaller? Is there an air duct in the center of the hood? Are there vents behind the doors?

It reminded me of the double bubble, but not as pronounced, a little less curvy lower area in the middle. I missed the boat on remembering the duct, but I'm pretty sure it had one...sorry. I don't remember any vents behind the doors, but I'm pretty freakin' tired right now after spending all day in the sun at the track. I pretty much failed at remembering those details :(.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The picture that is being shown on other sites/threads of a covered car on the stage was not the new viper, it was a Ferrari :rolleyes:.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The car was very ****. It appeared a little smaller. The hood had a NACA duct and two air vents on either side of it. The hood was designed to open forward. The side exhaust covers were more curved going up into the hood and the exhaust tips were flat and oval with a slash cut. The roof line had a flatter double bubble with a small wide channel down the middle. Rear quarter panels were very Gen two. The front face of the car was smaller and lower with LED fog lights and Halo headlights. The rear of the car had many carbon accents and a very unique rear diffuser. The tail end was very Aston Martin. The wheels were a very unique 8 spoke with vents in the spokes. The rear brake calipers were trailing with the parking brake leading.

It was a painted clay mock up. They were doing surveys on the interior and had several seats to try and comment on.

Thanks Dodge for this sneak peak, Ralph Gilles gave a great presentation (even after running the ACRX series all day).

Hope this helps.

JimK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car was very ****. It appeared a little smaller. The hood had a NACA duct and two air vents on either side of it. The hood was designed to open forward. The side exhaust covers were more curved going up into the hood and the exhaust tips were flat and oval with a slash cut. The roof line had a flatter double bubble with a small wide channel down the middle. Rear quarter panels were very Gen two. The front face of the car was smaller and lower with LED fog lights and Halo headlights. The rear of the car had many carbon accents and a very unique rear diffuser. The tail end was very Aston Martin. The wheels were a very unique 8 spoke with vents in the spokes. The rear brake calipers were trailing with the parking brake leading.

It was a painted clay mock up. They were doing surveys on the interior and had several seats to try and comment on.

Thanks Dodge for this sneak peak, Ralph Gilles gave a great presentation (even after running the ACRX series all day).

Hope this helps.

You paint a good picture!

Thanks Dan!

Jim

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dan for the details!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think the reason there are no pictures allowed is because they are still feeling out the concept.

From several sources I have heard from that were there tonight... They liked it and didn't like it at the same time.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the logo
You must be registered for see images attach

and words from a UK member
After dinner tonight there was the reveal of the new Viper. It was all very top secret with no mobile phones, cameras etc allowed into the sneaky peek area. Phones and cameras had to be checked in and then we all had to go through a metal detector.
The new Viper was candy apple red and the rear end has gone back to it`s ******** roots of the GTS shape. It had audi type led lights. The bonnet has also reverted back to a clam shell. It has an air intake plus two radiator vents. The whole look was more curvy than the current SRT and reminded me of a GTS crossed with an Invicta.
Fangs has also had a make over and looks like this -

Last edited:

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took these pictures of my Gen II today . No matter how **** the new model will be ,wouldn't trade in mine for one .:eater:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper