Just sold my 94 rt/10 for a gts coupe

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have owned the gts coupe for about a week and I love it. It is a great feeling to have power windows and door handles on the outside. My first viper had 79,000 miles on it and I was getting a little nervous about future repairs. The gts coupe has 20,000 miles and feels and looks like it's brand new. Here is a picture of my first viper and the new one.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very nice Vipertom, I am looking to make the same move. I have a Gen

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen 1 with a Roe/Heads/Cam, great fun, but the wife will have no part of it!! I am looking to move to a Gen 2 yet this year.

Congrats, great color!

martyb

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been thinking about doing the same thing, but I can't seem to get myself to go through with it. Nice GTS you bought.

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

Very nice and looks to be in excellent condition! Congratulations!

Twans97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great car, congrats! I just got one a month ago, same color same yr. I am always curious to see what these go for if you want to share pricing. Good luck and be safe.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
79,000 miles. Talk about a driver. Very nice! I was wondering the same as chad about what you got for your 79,000 mile RT. PM me if desired as well.

93 Cobra R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You saved more than enough to join the VCA....;)

Exactly, sounds like he saved enough for a lifetime membership. No excuses now lol! :nono:

So vipertom, what's your impression and thoughts thus far of having a GTS as a replacement? Hopefully, I can do the same and replace the RT/10 I sold a few months ago with a GTS soon. By the way, the new ride looks good! :2tu:

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking 97! I just bought a 96 GTS and will hold on to my 94 RT/10 a while before I make a decision on selling. They are two different cars, but each has their merits.

OP
OP
V

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Exactly, sounds like he saved enough for a lifetime membership. No excuses now lol! :nono:

So vipertom, what's your impression and thoughts thus far of having a GTS as a replacement? Hopefully, I can do the same and replace the RT/10 I sold a few months ago with a GTS soon. By the way, the new ride looks good! :2tu:

Thank you. I am having no regrets so far. I have always liked the body style of the gen 1 and gen 2 vipers over the newer ones. The coupe has always been my favorite. I am enjoying the outside door handles, the power windows, the extra horsepower, and I love the aggressiveness of the gen 2 hood. It is nice that I don't have to worry about getting caught in a rainstorm because my rt/10 only had a hard top, so I couldn't take it with me. The gts feels like it is a built a bit stronger than the gen 1 rt/10, but I still have no regrets about owning the first one.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase, very nice GTS. I must say the Black Gen I looks sweet as well. I must be the only one who thinks the RT-10 has the best lines, even better than the GTS.

OP
OP
V

vipertom7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new purchase, very nice GTS. I must say the Black Gen I looks sweet as well. I must be the only one who thinks the RT-10 has the best lines, even better than the GTS.

Thanks. My rt/10 actually isn't black. It is a dark metallic purple that was painted by the owner before me, but it is kind of hard to see the color in the picture. The rt/10 also had cracks in the hood, which also can't be seen in the picture. I was originally going to just buy another hood for it, but hoods are so expensive to replace.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car. I went from a 94 RT to a Final Edition GTS. The GTS is a great car but I can't help thinking that it would be fun to still have that super raw RT/10. I wouldn't mind tracking down my old RT and trying to buy it back some time. I'm not getting rid of the GTS for it though lol

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NO, you are not the only one! I too like the RT/10 much better. The RT/10 looks more exotic as the GTS's "hatchback" look takes away from the exotic nature of the car. Just my opinion... but it's right. ;)