Just Venting guys

Edoggrc51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i picked up my GTS a couple of months ago, a few days after my 26th birthday. And you'd be surprised how many times i get, "must be nice to have a rich daddy" or "nice car, your pops know ya got it?" !!!!ARGH!!!!! Sorry guys, just had to vent a little! Guess some people are just ignorant, cant do much about that huh?

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So i picked up my GTS a couple of months ago, a few days after my 26th birthday. And you'd be surprised how many times i get, "must be nice to have a rich daddy" or "nice car, your pops know ya got it?" !!!!ARGH!!!!! Sorry guys, just had to vent a little! Guess some people are just ignorant, cant do much about that huh?

I bought my first one at 23. I would either get "What band are you in", "What movie have you been in", or "Is that really your car?" A few times, people insisted that they give me their demo CDs. Kinda funny.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used to get that all the time in college. I had an 85 Vette that I paid $7,400 for and a $3,500 convertible Mustang. I'd say things like tell your daddy that you don't want him to pay $13k for that [******] ****** and buy a Vette a Mustang a bike and go party on the rest. Haters usually have more than they think, they just don't know how to parley it into something. Still true today. Dillholes in $50 SUV's jealous of the Viper.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get your vanity plates that say, "NOTDADS"
or "MYMONEY" or "ONMYOWN"

Ha ha ha! then when you do and they ask you again tell them to check your rear plate and leave them in a cloud of smoke! :D :eek:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Funny im 21 and I got my viper at 19 and I never got that, maybe its where you live.

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was 20 when I got my C5 Corvette and then at 22 got the RT/10. I have dealt with the same thing for as long as I can remember. They see that my parents are well off and assume that they buy me what ever I want. But the truth is my parents thought me how to make money and achieve the goals and I had to do the rest.

It’s very funny because I live in a small town and it seems that my name is now the guy with the Viper and the Jaguar. I have more people that know the cars then know me. I even had people tell my girl friend that the car was my dad’s and that I was a coke seller. Luckily she was there when I paid cash for the cars and she explained that to the loser. In this town everyone my age has 2 jobs just to pay the rent. People are upset if you have something nice. I tried to explain to them that if you want something you have to set goals and make it happen not sit on your A$$ all day.

Anyway this long story is all to say my licensee plate has on it "I PAID4".

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we are telling war stories... I went to by my viper on my 25th birthday dressed down pretty casual. they wouldn't sell it to me. I had to call an older fella from the viper club to meet me at the dealership to make them sell me the car. Granted, at 25 I looked maybe 19, but still... my cash was green.

Even funnier is when I tow the viper to racing events on my open featherlite trailer, people always ask me "who are you towing that for?" Cracks me up!

JD

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since we are telling war stories... I went to by my viper on my 25th birthday dressed down pretty casual. they wouldn't sell it to me. I had to call an older fella from the viper club to meet me at the dealership to make them sell me the car. Granted, at 25 I looked maybe 19, but still... my cash was green.

Even funnier is when I tow the viper to racing events on my open featherlite trailer, people always ask me "who are you towing that for?" Cracks me up!

JD

I can definitely empathize with the above comments, as I was 19 years old when I purchased my first Viper (a 96' GTS). I never really received any of the rude comments as outlined above, but I was always asked the obvious next question, "what do you do for a living?" Once I explained that I owned my own business, there wasn't much more that they could say (except for, "do you need anymore employees?"). :)

Cheers,
-Justyn

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JD

Joe, I was at the Shreveport V-10 Nats gawking at the set up in your car. I had no idea at the time who you were or what you looked like. As you approached, I walked away thinking some kid was going to ask me questions I couldn't answer anyway. It wasn't until the next day Brian Anderson pointed you out as the owner of the silver RT/10, I still didn't believe him right away. Do you still get carded buying wine? :eek: :usa:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only questions I always get are how fast does it go? and how much was it?

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just tell them, "I'm the Valet, the owner won't be done with dinner for another hour." :D

I get the "are you the owner :confused: " question with the astonished look more with my house when I answer the door. Don't let it bother you, take it as a compliment. :D

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah life really ***** for you! I was driving a flat black Corrolla at your age.

There is a 30-something guy in Scottsdale who has a F355, F360 Spyder, F40, F50, Enzo and the orange McLaren F1 that is all over the media (you've probably seen him on TV). When people who don't know him ask what he does to afford whatever supercar he happens to be driving he tells them that he is a rodeo clown - and actually gets them to believe it (her is really a technology biz guy). Funny stuff.

greatbeyond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! Are exotics like the Viper fairly uncommon in Ontario? I have at least 5 buddies who bought their Vipers in their 20's (myself included).

nofearracer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got mine last august, two weeks before my 23rd birthday, and here are two of the more common ones I hear and my answers to them.

1. "Must be nice".......... IT IS
2. "How much does it cost?" ....... Pocket change

OP
OP
E

Edoggrc51

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I always reply with... I'M RICH, BEEOTCH!!! Ok, not really"

HAHAHA!!! I THINK I'LL TRY THAT NEXT TIME!!!!!!

Viper Scot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got mine last august, two weeks before my 23rd birthday, and here are two of the more common ones I hear and my answers to them.

Please explain how you bought a Viper for pocket change?

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please explain how you bought a Viper for pocket change?

I think he's saying that is a quick answer you can give to people who are nagging you.

Actually in today's tech-driven world, for a lot of young guys with creative ideas, it is pocket change.

nofearracer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hamish, because anything less than 100's are pocket change to me LOL(I wish that was the case). Andy was right,its just a simple smarta$$ed answer to give people that are hassling you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456