1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep 2.5 inch Corsa Exhaust or sell and get 3.0 inch Mopar racing exhaust?

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by KDR83, Apr 10, 2012.

1. KDR83

KDR83 Enthusiast

Just bought a new to me Viper, the car has a Paxton supercharger, 3.55 gears, DC tune, etc but has all 4 of the stock cats and a 2.5 inch Corsa exhaust. The tips on my exhaust need to be aligned, as a result the panel needs to come off so if I decide on a different exhaust, this would be the time. I was just thinking the paxton car, it could use no cats and a 3 inch exhaust. I don't plan on getting headers anytime soon, what do people think?

Thanks

2. ACPERFORMANCE

ACPERFORMANCE Viper Owner

Get rid of the cats, but definitely keep your corsa exhaust. It will have alot of drone with the mopar exhaust. In addition others may say different, but you will not see any power gain on a 650 rwhp car going from the 2.5 inch cat-back to a 3 inch.
    You have the best catback on there now.. IF you wanted to change it. I would personally make the inlet of the corsa 3 inch. But if it were mine, I'd leave it and throw the cats away.

Todd

3. KDR83

KDR83 Enthusiast

Does anyone make a cat delete pipe? Don't know a shop that would risk the fines to get rid of my cats

4. ACPERFORMANCE

ACPERFORMANCE Viper Owner

No normally they are custom made..California is tough. What part of town are you in

5. KDR83

KDR83 Enthusiast

I'm actually in Florida so no emissions but still I think it will be hard to find a shop to make me one given the fines.

6. TonyCool

TonyCool Viper Owner

Keep the corsa. It's one of the best sounding systems and the most expensive catback. According to what I've read and videos I've seen corsa exhaust is pretty quiet at constant speed but under acceleration sounds amazing and incredible at WOT. Corsa has drone cancellation technology. Mopar (borla) sounds great too but for some is just too loud.

7. cubican

cubican Viper Owner

Keep the Corsa you can gutt out the rear cat or get a h-flow cat for the car.

8. mjorgensen Woodhouse

mjorgensen Woodhouse VCA Member - West VCA Member

If you are going to eliminate the cats, the car will need a NEW tune, be sure that you dyno check it and get the proper tuning before driving it! The stock Paxton fuel setup is for a pretty STOCK car and if you increase the airflow beyond a Corsa that eliminates the Gen3 cross over pipe you may find you run out of fuel volume to support it. Better safe then sorry when it comes to a S/C cars A/F ratio.

9. KDR83

KDR83 Enthusiast

What is the stock fuel system capable of? One of my next mods was going to be a wideband but since each bank of cylinders never connects with the other, would I need to get 2 widebands? Was looking at the PLX DM-6 since it's a boost gauge and wideband and you can program it to warn you if A/F goes past a certain point when you are in boost.

10. mjorgensen Woodhouse

I think the stock pump and the Paxton setup can be safe for about 750 ish, but each car can be a little different so like I said you should dyno the car and check all the parameters like fuel pressure, A/F and actual boost curve. I have seen a 04' that made just shy of 800 at the crank on everything factory, but out of the 250 plus Viper systems we have installed the average power has been 740, most of them using the rich disk setup.

11. KDR83

KDR83 Enthusiast

I need to throw my car on a dyno as it is new to me and it hasn't been on a dyno in years. Can you get an accurate A/F reading by sticking the air/fuel sensor in the exhaust even if the car has both cats still on it? I honestly don't even want the extra horsepower, it's fast as is, I wanted to get rid of the cats for heat issues being in south florida. The 750ish is crank or wheels?

12. mjorgensen Woodhouse

At WOT you will get a good reading within .2 from the tail pipe, the numbers I stated are at the crank.

13. KDR83

KDR83 Enthusiast

Now I just need to find a dyno in south florida, for some reason my account doesn't have sufficient privilege to post in the regional section. Thanks for your help.

14. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

Mark is a new tune a must for long tubes and no cats on a Bolton car before driving it? Or was this a concern for a Paxton car only?

15. mjorgensen Woodhouse

On a Gen4 you would be fine but have CEL's eventually.

A Paxton car I would strongly encourage you to dyno first, although some shops never dyno cars we dyno everything.

16. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

Thanks Mark,

I have a gen 3 and am planning on tuning it in a month or so but headers and cats are coming off before.

Thanks,

Andy

17. shooter_t1

shooter_t1 Has Left the Room!

Hey Andy,
    Wormboy made 30+ rwhp with just an SCT tune on his white/blue Gen 3.

18. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Enthusiast

Don't know what year your car is. I have no cats and a corsa. It is LOUD on the pedal but sounds great. Depending on the year you will need syms without cats. Do the mods,dyno with a/f then get it programed and of course dynoed again to make sure a/f is ok. GTS Bruce

19. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

Thanks Bruce I appreciate the advice.

Andy Wheeler

20. Allan

Allan Viper Owner

THREE INCH EXHAUST RULES!!! :headbang: Viper V-10 ---FULL BLAST!!!:drive:

21. 98intrigue

98intrigue Viper Owner

Sell me the Corsa :)

22. KDR83

KDR83 Enthusiast

Haha I knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up on here

23. ZDigital1

ZDigital1 Viper Owner

I run the Mopar Race Exhaust and I love it!

24. KDR83

KDR83 Enthusiast

Damn I kind of want to get the Borla but don't want to retune right away nor blow my motor, but I guess no cats and 3 inch would increase airflow a good amount

25. MTGTS

MTGTS Viper Owner

Stop Ryan, I'll tell your mom :p