Keyless ignition

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm super interested. If you end up getting this keep us posted. These guys are actually local to me. Just sent them an email. If they answer all of my questions correctly I'm down to be the guinea pig. my c6 had this factory. I loved it!

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 here. If someone gives this a shot, please give opinions. I had it on my E55 and honestly thought it was cute novelty when I bought the car. I never knew how much I'd miss it when I sold the car though.

junior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tought about it, but you ll still need the key to unlock the steering and not sure about the alarm system ??

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like a good ideal and very convenient, but there some glitches to this product , vehicles are getting stolen from the passive system , the thieves using laptop receivers to clone your passive remotes (same is how they can scan your WiFi credit cards) and when they have the single saved, they can approach your vehicle unlock the doors and step on the brakes start the car as if the remotes is in your pockets. IMO research thoroughly first. http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2011/01/keyless-entry-cars-vulnerable-to-silent-theft.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
cool I will read up on it. Also does the viper key have a chip in it ? I know my SRT-4 does but for some reason I don't think the viper does so the wouldn't need the extra factory security key
system bypass

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't work on a Gen1 or Gen2 as well. These guys are about 45 minutes from my house. I might have to make a trip out to their shop and ask some questions....

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tought about it, but you ll still need the key to unlock the steering and not sure about the alarm system ??

Dang that would really kill the point of doing this unless it can somehow be addressed. The point is not to even reach in to your pocket for any reason. Just walk up, open the door, get in, hit the start button and go. Wonder what the c6 mechanism is all about in the steering wheel column.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like a good ideal and very convenient, but there some glitches to this product , vehicles are getting stolen from the passive system , the thieves using laptop receivers to clone your passive remotes (same is how they can scan your WiFi credit cards) and when they have the single saved, they can approach your vehicle unlock the doors and step on the brakes start the car as if the remotes is in your pockets. IMO research thoroughly first. http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2011/01/keyless-entry-cars-vulnerable-to-silent-theft.html

Im sorry but this article is lame. Every single luxury car is equipped with this and more and more mid level and lower priced cars are getting this option.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool I will read up on it. Also does the viper key have a chip in it ? I know my SRT-4 does but for some reason I don't think the viper does so the wouldn't need the extra factory security key
system bypass

Nope no chip

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone know the quality of each product vs the other? Reliability?

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If one is to cut a key and leav it in the ignition. It would be cool to make or retrofit some sort of a ignition cover. Any ideas?

OP
OP
P

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I emailed the company junior posted and asked them about there warranty . I will go with the one that is going to stand behind there product. I am going to email the one I posted tomorrow to see if I can work a deal out it is worth a shot sometime having a viper you can **** companies ha

OP
OP
P

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Naw I would want to use the factory push start button or atleast the same position if possible but putting the cut off key in the ignition and pushing the whole cylinder back and covering it is a good idea . That or honestly just break the cylinder and not have a key in there

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would do some research on how hard the Viper wheel lock is to disable. I think it would look a lot better to not have a broken off key in the ignition (even with a cover), plus it would not tip anyone off that you might have changed it. Even if the article about hacking the radio frequency is accurate, if it looks like you still have the factory set-up and need the key, they wouldn't even bother trying it.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I emailed the company junior posted and asked them about there warranty . I will go with the one that is going to stand behind there product. I am going to email the one I posted tomorrow to see if I can work a deal out it is worth a shot sometime having a viper you can **** companies ha

I emailed them as we'll, both of these companies are within 20 miles of each other and about 45 minutes from my house. I'm going to try and see if they would be willing to give us a better price on a group buy. I asked 2gokeyless if they do their own installing or if they have a trusted installer They use. Might be worth it to them if a group of Viper owners are looking to buy to give us a better price. :D

OP
OP
P

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let me know what they say

I emailed them as we'll, both of these companies are within 20 miles of each other and about 45 minutes from my house. I'm going to try and see if they would be willing to give us a better price on a group buy. I asked 2gokeyless if they do their own installing or if they have a trusted installer They use. Might be worth it to them if a group of Viper owners are looking to buy to give us a better price. :D

OP
OP
P

prpaster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been going back and forth with them. To summarize what is going on .

They say I can send the factory button in and they can mod it to work--- Awesome
]
Right now they have a special for 550 shipped

1 Year warranty

Right now I am trying to figure out how to disable the steering wheel lock. I found a How to for a 08 Wrangler. Need to see if it is the same thing. I probably wont get to it for a week a so

Shipping would be 1 to 2 weeks

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Office Manager at Digital Guard Dawg <[email protected]> wrote:

My guess would be about a week or two due to shipping, we will need the button that you want to use sent in to us. They will mod the button to work with our system and then send it and the system back to you.

Audrey

Audrey Hegemeyer

Office Manager

Digital Guard Dawg

705 E.Bidwell Street, Suite 2-325

Folsom, CA 95630

916-337-1040 (Office)

800-383-1950 (Fax)

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:17 AM

To: Office Manager at Digital Guard Dawg
Subject: Re: WWW Form Submission

Ok cool what would be the wait on this ? And how long to mod the button?

Paul

On Apr 30, 2013, at 1:54 PM, Office Manager at Digital Guard Dawg <[email protected]> wrote:

As a matter of fact, I can probably sneak you in to a group buy that we have going on right now.

It is the IKEY system that we were talking about.

The system normally comes with only one tag and one bypass card.

With the Group Buy I can get you the IKEY system, with 2 tags and 2 bypass cards (normally an additional $99.00).

It comes with our SL Lexus button, but since you want to use your own button I will use that as credit for shipping.

The total cost on the system will be $549.00.

Let me know ASAP if you want to get in on this offer as it limited.

Thank you,

Audrey

Audrey Hegemeyer

Office Manager

Digital Guard Dawg

Folsom, CA 95630

916-337-1040 (Office)

800-383-1950 (Fax)

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: WWW Form Submission

Audrey

Are you running a special now ?

Thanks

Paul

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM, Office Manager at Digital Guard Dawg <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Paul,

Yes, you could use the same button, it would just need to be sent in to us
so that we can modify it to our system.

We have a 1 year factory warranty on our system.

If you have any additional questions or if you would like to place an order
I am happy to help you.

We do run specials from time to time so be sure and check with me before you
place your order, I may be able to save you some money.

Thank you,

Audrey

Audrey Hegemeyer
Office Manager
Digital Guard Dawg
Folsom, CA 95630
916-337-1040 (Office)
800-383-1950 (Fax)
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: Sales at Digital Guard Dawg [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 1:01 PM
Subject: FW: WWW Form Submission

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2013 5:35 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: WWW Form Submission

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by Paul
Pasternak ([email protected]) on Saturday, April 20, 2013 at 20:34:44
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: Looking at your keyless system for my dodge viper and I have a few
questions. I have a push start button but it requires the key . Could I use
the same push button that is already there ? And also is there any warranty
on your products ? Thanks

Still Debating it

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the lead on this prpaster! Keep us informed. I'm itching to get this done!