Killer deal on some T&D's

OP
OP
A

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Killer deal on some T&D\'s

no problem dude... Hey when you get a price on the stands for them would you mind letting me know. I'm looking into a set myself.

Sure is nice to save $700 isn't it :2tu:

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

dont you guys ever sleep. nice deal!!! what does it mean that the stands arent included? where they used or new rockers.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FYI, you are going to need the pedestal. Which means you will have to buy it from T&D. Without it, those are useless. Hopefully the 2 prices combined come in under $700 bucks, otherwise, no real savings. I personally have bought 2 sets for under 700

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<< FYI, you are going to need the pedestal. Which means you will have to buy it from T&D. Without it, those are useless. >>

Thans for letting me know ACR.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<< FYI, you are going to need the pedestal. Which means you will have to buy it from T&D. Without it, those are useless. >>

ThanKs for letting me know ACR.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for letting me know ACR.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think I would trust those rocker,maybe off a blown motor or?When you can get H&S's that are excellent for $600.

OP
OP
A

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think I would trust those rocker,maybe off a blown motor or?When you can get H&S's that are excellent for $600.

Nah no worries with used rockers. I'm curious to see how much the stands are as well, sent an email to TD but they are lagging.

And what is this thing you speak of called sleep? Thats a luxury I gave up LOOOONG ago.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They are also 1.65 ratio not 1.7, which means less power than people normaly get.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<< sent an email to TD >>

i have been looking. but cant seem to find a web site or tele number for them. anyone?

>> you can get H&S's that are excellent for $600. >>

i did alot of searching last night on this subject, and saw that. but the majority of the threads i found all seem to say to go with either the Jesels or the TD's.

<< They are also 1.65 ratio not 1.7, >>

saw that too, but i already have the 97 lumpy cam, and i thought the 1.65 were a better choice. ????

<< dont you guys ever sleep. >>

i'll get plenty of sleep when i am dead. :D

OP
OP
A

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score

www.tdmach.com

the minimal change from 1.65-1.7 on the 96-99 vipers will never be noticed. Stock rockers are right around 1.65 so your not giving anything up.

TD sent me an email saying the stands were around $150 each for the V8, they didn't quote me anything on the V10 but i'd imagine it's similar.

OP
OP
A

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought factory was 1.5 ratio?

Nope, V8's were 1.6 and V10's were closer to 1.65. Note these are stock stamped rockers so it does vary quite a bit, and even more so as they travel through their range of motion.

You do gain a bit of power from the increased lift/duration of high ratio rockers, but personally I like the strength and stability of a shaft rocker over even the high end pedastols. If your really going to track the car hard it's a lot easier on the valve train, less likely to bend pushrods and so forth.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So if the factory is 1.65 why not use the T&D 1.85 ratio to get more out of the factory cam???

No one seems to have an answer for me.

OP
OP
A

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can providing the valve springs have adequate lift and spring rate to control things. But just throwing larger ratio rockers won't always give you massive power gains, you need the rest of the mods to go along with it. If going for more lift/duration personally i'm a bigger fan of doing it right and ordering the proper cam.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<< You can providing the valve springs have adequate lift and spring rate to control things. >>

I am sure someone nows more about this than me, but you can also start running into issues like possibly hitting the pistons with the valves, hitting the underside of the valve covers, etc. i am sure there are alot more.