Kinesis K58's back from Cali!!!! (pics)

Reaction score
Kinesis K58\'s back from Cali!!!! (pics)

Quick peek at how the wheels arrived, boxed with care by Nicole and Alan at Kinesis.

2kinesisfinal1-med.jpg

and

2kinesisfinal2-med.jpg

And a preview of one of the fronts. ALL four looks AWESOME! I hope to get all of them mounted this weekend and get some pix taken....but more than likely it will happen a little later. The car is currently without side sills, and without wing....so it is not feeling very camera friendly. :)

2kinesisfinal3-med.jpg

2kinesisfinal4-med.jpg

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Kinesis K58\'s back from Cali!!!! (pics)

Damn those are nice. Are they the 18" or 19"

Those are the ones that will look awesome on my silver car!

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dang Tony, them rims are bangin, I bet you are keeping them in the garage till your snake gets back from "The Wizard"....I know when you go to work, all I need to remember is, what the hell was your alarm code....LOL...Nice job, your snake will be the sickest in Tidewater.....btw,what was the cost of that transformation??

OP
OP
S
Reaction score

AB...the rims are 18's and these quick pictures just do NOT do justice to the finish.

Rick...I'm out about $750, but that INCLUDES shipping to and from Cali from here. Kinesis (Alan and Nicole) provided a pricing sheet for me, I just can't find it. The rims were disassembled, checked for trueness, outer rims were re-polished (not a single blemish remains), spokes were powdercoated black, and then reassembled with all new hardware. As you know, I did think about taking them apart myself and just shipping the spokes off to get coated...but with all new hardware, and Kinesis doing the work, it wasn't a bad deal (take away the shipping). Now, they likely got a better rate than I did, since they probably have benefits of a business account. I spent almost $100 shipping them out.

Actually, like all parts that come off the car during the winter, they are residing IN the living room. What can I say....just me, a 16 year old sone (who works at *******) and a relatively big house. :) If I could knock out that wall between the living room and garage, well, it would be the perfect house. ALL garage downstairs, bed and bath up! LOL!

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony, no dought why they call you "THE POSER" , you are the shyt....I hear ya on the living room slash garage thing, but I will one up ya with, I was going to install a lift in my garage, not to stack cars, no, this is to raise my Viper up to my bedroom at night....and yeah before anyone else says it or thinks it, yes, my wife would just love that snake in the bedroom....so there you go...I will call you this weekend Tony so we can take care of that wing bracket, ok??

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tony,

Great looking wheels! K58's have always been my first choice if I ever decide to upgrade my wheels. Are those their reverse drop center or standard style? Looks like a wide lip. Very nice.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score

Bob...I believe these are the standard style...they are at least 3 years old and I think the reverse drop style is pretty new (???). I could be wrong.

1MEANSNAKE...I probably could have done it cheaper, you and I talked about thia at Joe's house last year. Alan made a good case, what with the new hardware, and all the other stuff in their package, it was clear that I had no business disassembling the wheels myself!! LOL!! I am POSER, not mechanic. :)

Lee...we'll get together this year and you can take a closer look. We can take pictures so you can photoshop....or heck, we can even do a temp. transplant. :)

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

totaly awesome :2tu: what are the centers made out of? Can you polish the center
Max

OP
OP
S
Reaction score

Max, do you mean the 5-spoke centers, or the center caps? I am going to assume you meant the spokes, but I'll address both. The wheels themselves are just the standard K58, they HAD a polished finish all around. The disassembled each wheel and had each of the spokes (centers) powdercoated black. The out lip of each wheel was polished and several little imperfections that were there are now gone...and they look like brand new. I had some center caps that came with the wheels (when I bought them used)....but Alan and Nicole sent the newer version with Kinesis engraved in the cap. Caps match the spokes.

Also...I looked everything up and I think $197/wheel is more accurate than what I initially posted. That INCLUDES shipping both ways. Kinesis did an AWESOME job!

OP
OP
S
Reaction score

All in good time, Tim. :) The winter hibernation and transformation of the beast will be complete by the first week of March (I hope!!!). The new wing is ready...just gotta take the car in for the install and have the deck lid sorted out. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave