Kumho Ecsta xs 335/35/17 tires--Will they EVER make them again?

vicj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been waiting for my order for the subject tires since last summer. There is a Nationwide backorder for them that is STILL in effect :mad::mad: Unfortunately I bought brand new Ecsta xs tires for the front (97 GTS) before I knew this debacle was going to happen and I'm running Drag Radials in the rears for now.

Now I've got a decision to make--keep waiting (no firm end in sight to the backorder) or buy different tires for the rear so that I can actually drive the car further than short distances. I'm so sick of waiting and am leaning towards buying Michelin Pilots for the rear.

Most tire people that I talk to say as long as the fronts are the same and the rears are the same.... it shouldnt be much of a problem.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated!?

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to pick up full set of some 17's can't wait! Need before July.

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any news on these tires? My GTS needs new shoes and I could get by with just a pair of rears. They seem to have been out of stock since last year so now might be the time to get some PS2's.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
http://www.kumhousa.com/tire/category/comp-race/675DCE77-813E-4027-B467-2BEA0466BD5C

Check out the Size tab there. The 335 * 17 has not been listed by them for a while. Always a good idea to verify the date code the tire was made if you do find any "new stock" out there.

I recall stories of some MXX3 tires showing up as "new" several years after they Michelin discontinued their production. They must have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere just getting old.

Any news on these tires? My GTS needs new shoes and I could get by with just a pair of rears. They seem to have been out of stock since last year so now might be the time to get some PS2's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R