1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kumho Tracks ??

Discussion in 'General Viper Discussion' started by Slithr, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Are these Kumho tracks on my rear quarter panel?? I see this after about 50 miles following each wash and am wondering if it is to be expected? Is this just the nature of soft compound directional tires, I did not notice this when running 7 year old ZP's? Or is this a Kumho Ecsta specific thing? TYIA

[​IMG]

2. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

I wouldn't be concerned Alan.

3. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Thanks Andy, not so much concerned as bothered by having to wash the car just because of tire tracks. I'm just new to sports cars and haven't seen this on any of my other vehicles. I like to keep my baby clean and this just makes that a little more time consuming, fortunately I enjoy washing it almost as much as driving it (I know, I'm a bit weird) :)

4. hou99gts

hou99gts Enthusiast

All Vipers get dirty in the rear after drives, this is too be expected Alan. If your ZP's did not do it, they were as hard as rocks. My Kuhmos and Michelins do the same thing to both my cars. I'd rather have soft rubber and good handling than hard tires and ditches to worry about..... :D

p.s. - you can quick detail the back instead of washing the whole car if you would like. That is usually what I do, the front, mirrors, and back after a drive without rain or any other water issues.

5. gutterworks129

gutterworks129 Viper Owner

You could be putting to much "tire shine" on!

6. 345s-bspinnin

345s-bspinnin Enthusiast

I thought this residue was a combustion/exhaust byproduct! I never attributed it to tires. Heck, I have been through the stock ZP, Kumhos 710s, and Invos, all with the same residue on the rear quarter panel. If it was truly tire rubber vaporizing away, wouldn't Alan's mud flaps capture it?

Just a thought. Time now to go wash the rear 1/2 of my car...lol

7. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Bugity Bugity Amen Brotha Eric, This is very true! Cleaning a car is a lot more fun than un-wrapping from around a tree :omg: This is what I was looking for, to know it can be expected with all brands... if this was just a Kumho thing I would've definitely tried a different brand next time.

8. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

This can be ruled out, as I generally don't put 'Lip Stick' on my Viper :D

9. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Hey, I resemble that remark... are you trying to say my mud flaps aren't working :poke:

10. Grisoman

Grisoman Enthusiast

Is that an unauthorized carbon fiber mud flap mod in the pic? :ooo: