Large Hole Above Wheel Well... Tom Francis?

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a large hole developing above the passenger side tire in the wheel well. I have only had the car on the track two times. I would hope this is something PVO will send out a replacement part for. This seems like a design flaw to me.

I would also like a replacement fuel sending unit so I can swap out with the existing. How do I go about receiving the new replacement?

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got mine on the drivers side at first track event back in april...if you get a replacement you can adjust the bolts where it attaches at the rear wheel wheel to adjust the plastic piece up....carefully positioned tie strap helps as well...i riveted a piece of thin aluminum over the hole and molded the aluminum to give better wheel clearance...i have had no problem since...of course rough tracks and soft shock settings could possibly cause it again....its no big deal you just don't want the air getting sucked out from under the wheel well into the back area...

Tom Francis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry,

We posted instructions in the technical updates section for replacement of the fuel sending unit in mid October the swap must be completed by 12/31/03 to be covered under warranty.

We have seen some rubbing of the splash sheild on some Comp Coupes. We found that raising the ride height 1/8 of inch or increase the bump damping on the shocks will fix that.

Tom Francis
Viper Race HQ
888-960-3333

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Tom, installation of the new fuel sender unit appears to be a rather laborious process and one that will require some professional help. Does the warranty cover repair costs, or are we on our own?

Also, it creates a hardship having to send in the old sender unit before we get the new one. I don't want my car down for these repairs because we are in the prime race season in Arizona. The December 31 deadline does not work well.

Could we send you the old unit at such time as it is convenient for us to complete the replacement, say by 12/31/04?

Thanks for your time.

BPearson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the fuel sender unit change in my garage in just two hours. It is very simple if you use the 1.5" Greenlee Chassis Punch (Model#730BB-1-1/2, UPC#25428)to resize the hole. It took me longer to remove and replace the rear diffuser and rear window than it did to punch the hole and put in the new sender. Tom sent me the new sender first, performed the swap and sent back the old fuel sender unit. Very straight forward and simple. Frank, it you want to borrow my Greenlee Chassis Punch just email me or you can purchase one at a tool & supply shop for $58.00. A little pricey for most likely a one time use, but worth it if it makes life simple and saves a whole bunch of time.

Tom Francis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank,

Unfortunetly labor is not covered I will send you a new fuel sender, replace it then send me the old one back. I will need to receive the old unit by 12/31/03 or you will be charged for the new one.

Tom Francis
Viper Race HQ
888-960-3333

OP
OP
V

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom

Can I get one also for #21? Any chance of a replacement part for the piece above the wheel where I now have a hole?

Thanks

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom

Can I get one also for #21? Any chance of a replacement part for the piece above the wheel where I now have a hole?

Thanks

Seems to be an all around problem--Mine have large holes and the cars suspension set at factory ( supposedly Neutral)which I never touched.

I need one set also

Joe B

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom

Thanks

Seems to be an all around problem--Mine have large holes and the cars suspension set at factory ( supposedly Neutral)which I never touched.

I need one set also

Joe B

Well, Anybody listening?

Joe B

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth