Last Minute Suggestions

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, guys I'm taking her to my interior guy in a couple of days & I'm going to get him to do the center console in black, do the bottom of the doors in black (would they look better vinyl, or with the carpet & I'm gonna paint the lil' speakers (tweeters?) black. I don't want all black but I thought this combo would really set everything off, I welcome any comments, suggestions or whatever (I'll post pics when he's through). Thanks! Also, I'd heard before that the cognac interiors were Real leather & the black ones were not, is there any truth to that. Almost forgot, gonna see if he can do anything with the steering wheel (black).

Attachments

• DSC00447.jpg
    DSC00447.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, guys I'm taking her to my interior guy in a couple of days & I'm going to get him to do the center console in black, do the bottom of the doors in black (would they look better vinyl, or with the carpet & I'm gonna paint the lil' speakers (tweeters?) black. I don't want all black but I thought this combo would really set everything off, I welcome any comments, suggestions or whatever (I'll post pics when he's through). Thanks! Also, I'd heard before that the cognac interiors were Real leather & the black ones were not, is there any truth to that. Almost forgot, gonna see if he can do anything with the steering wheel (black).
OK, I replaced the console to black & did the bottom of the doors in the black vinyl. And the small speakers on the doors (I guess those are the tweeters) to black. I really like the doors a lot better but I'm still not sure on the console. To me too much black on the steel gray just doesn't look as good as the cognac (a lil' bit is ok) but All cognac is a lil' too much also, so I guess I'm just trying to balance the two out. My interior guy said he thinks it would look good if I did the middle of the seats in black but I don't think so, that would be getting into the too much black thing & I definitely don't want it to be too much mix & match (so I probably ought to stop where I'm at).

Attachments

• DSC00816.jpg
    DSC00816.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00818.jpg
    DSC00818.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 66

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks better the way it is (than the way it was) to me. Nice job.

The only thing I can think of is replacing the floor and tunnel carpet with black. Its a slightly different color than the cognac....perhaps if the interior had two colors (vs 3) it might work. Might be easy to try.....just use some black film to cover existing carpet temporarily, take pix, open a beverage and look over the pix to see if you like it.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. I wouldn't go with any more black - especially on the seats. Looks like a perfect balance right now. :2tu:

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, I'm probably just gonna leave it like it is (Z, I tend to agree with you about that's enough black). Drumr, if I open a beverage (or two) there's No Telling what I'd end of doing to it! Lol

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you nailed it, great mix of the two colors! If I did anything different, I might would have matched up the shift boot with the brake boot/handle (maybe both black with cognac stichting?)

Nice Job!

jax92

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guys, I'm probably just gonna leave it like it is (Z, I tend to agree with you about that's enough black). Drumr, if I open a beverage (or two) there's No Telling what I'd end of doing to it! Lol

I think the cognac shifter boot would be a nice touch? Disagree with black carpet. But keep the black floor mats. Looks great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave