Last run to Splash for brunch???

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey NY/CT members! Any interest in doing one last run to Splash for brunch before the years driving season is over? Not this weekend because I'm on call, but another Sunday this month? Another idea I'm kicking around for next fall, how many would be interested in having an adult Halloween costume party? :eater:Adult does not mean swingers, so get your mind out of the gutter. ;)

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swingers, huh? Well, back to Splash...I'm open to taking the RT out again, if the weather is nice and the day you pick isn't jam packed with family stuff. Let me know what weekend you're thinking of and I'll let you know.

By the way, haven't been to Splash, so would you mind telling me where it is?

Thanks....oh, I agree with you that a ride up to Kent Falls would be enjoyed by all ( we go up there 2-3 times a summer). I'll let you know if I can think of anything else that might be cool, as I didn't grow up in CT.:D

Peter

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll pick a weekend if a bunch of members want to go, so far only you and I and maybe Zoe have expressed interest in the Splash part.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be in if it's the coming weekend. The weekend after that, I have to find and fix a power steering problem in the Viper.

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be in if it's the coming weekend. The weekend after that, I have to find and fix a power steering problem in the Viper.

Not this weekend of the 7th, I'm on call all weekend.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be fun, if we can get some of our local members to go.

Thanks for working on this!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing the exotics rally on the 14th...last chance for a track day before winter. But will be free any other Sat/Sun (except 11/7 ...doing a catering job).

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets put a date up. How is the 21st looking for everyone? I'll start a list.

Splash Brunch Run:
Jimmy +1
Peter
Tony

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian, I know you love the Splash brunch, I've seen that look in your eyes when you're at Splash :smirk:, are you in??

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the calendar for Sunday, the 21st!:drive:

Of course, if it rains, snows, turns to sleet, swarms of locusts, or the state recalls all deviled eggs, then I probably won't make it...or, now that I think of it, I can show up with my other car:(

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian, I know you love the Splash brunch, I've seen that look in your eyes when you're at Splash :smirk:, are you in??

Jimmy, so true but I'm taking the 14th off from work and have to work on the 21st can't take both Sundays off :( I'm on vacation (plan/events) untill Mar. so it's all up to my work schedule if I can attend any other events

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jimmy, so true but I'm taking the 14th off from work and have to work on the 21st can't take both Sundays off :( I'm on vacation (plan/events) untill Mar. so it's all up to my work schedule if I can attend any other events
Got it! Let me know if you want to go some other Sunday and if I'm not on call or out of state I'll join you.

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put it on the 21st, are you able to attend?

SlateEd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tentative yes.... hopefully things will shake out well between now and then.

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Splash Brunch Run:
Jimmy +1
Peter + Zoe
Tony
RudeDawg
Scott?
SlateEd?

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time: Meet at 10:45 AM, depart at 11:00 AM

Cost is $30 per person plus tax and drinks. Meeting spot is the same commuter parking lot as last year, exit 18 off I95 (Sherwood Island Connector) in Wesport Ct., Northbounders take a left off the exit and Southbounders take a right off the exit. The parking lot is on your right side just after the second street on your right (Green Farms Rd).
from: Westport, CT to: 41.128881,-73.332585 - Google Maps

Splash Restaurant & Bar

260 Compo Road South,Westport,CT,06880 - Google Maps

Splash is an upscale restaurant and the brunch spread last year was great with lots of variety, something for everyone and is Zagat rated.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Splash is rated one of the top ten seafood restaurants in the USA. Top 10 Seafood Restaurants in the United States - 1 - MSN City Guides

It's a short cruise to Splash from the commuter parking lot, then we'll do a short cruise along the shore when we leave before going back to the highway.

Some pictures from last year:
You must be registered for see images attach

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, there is a chance, okay maybe not a big chance, that my wife will be kicking Zoe out of the passenger seat. Seems since my wife loves seafood, I may be able to convince her to (finally) go with me to one of our events!:D

Of course, Zoe might be upset but what the hey, she is stuffed animal after all! (gee, what does that say about me????):lmao:

We'll see......:eater:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, there is a chance, okay maybe not a big chance, that my wife will be kicking Zoe out of the passenger seat. Seems since my wife loves seafood, I may be able to convince her to (finally) go with me to one of our events!:D

Of course, Zoe might be upset but what the hey, she is stuffed animal after all! (gee, what does that say about me????):lmao:

We'll see......:eater:
I'm sure your wife would find something she likes to eat there. It would be great to meet her. Zoe could be a trunk monkey and then keep her seat warm while we have some delicious food. :)

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Splash Brunch Run:
Jimmy + Shannon
Peter + Zoe
Tony
RudeDawg
Steve + Maria
Howard
Scott?
SlateEd?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:nono:Zoe's a bit upset, says she doesn't want to get out of the passenger seat!:nono:

OP
OP
B

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One week 2 go. Hope the weather is as good as it is this weekend! Anymore takers???????

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the babysitter! So, as long as the weather holds up, we'll be there with the RT!

Looking forward to one last hangout with the members!
:headbang:
Peter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth