Lee Saunders and Heffner shatters a new world record!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee Saunders and Heffner Performance shatters a new world record. Documented at the 2008 Hot Rod Pump gas drags Lee drove his Viper on 93 octane pump gas to a 7.9? at 183 mph during an Exhibition run. Congrats to Lee and Jason!

Cudaman
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a few pictures:

You must be registered for see images attach

Cudaman:usa:

Last edited:

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance we could see some under the hood pics of that beast? Never seen turbos in that location before.

Nice job!!
-Dave.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! So did he win the pump gas drags? I've always thought Vipers should win that thing every year. A lot of those other winners were barely street legal.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great footage. The cameraman didnt even flinch when that camaro was headed for his wall. Great shot.

The Viper looked great lined up with all those classics!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that is awesome. Glad that Viper set the World Record, as it should be. Did the Viper take 1st over all? Vipers sure are doing well in these events as of late.

488civ10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, anyone have an estimate on how much rwhp that beast was pushing?

Awesome! So did he win the pump gas drags? I've always thought Vipers should win that thing every year. A lot of those other winners were barely street legal.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Altnough I do not know why, it appears the Viper did not win the Pump Gas Drags but did set the record. Here is the final round pass and the viper was not in it :confused:
Street Legal TV : The Pump Gas Drags Finals

They must of got disqualified before the final round. The viper would of smoked either one of those cars.

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately Lee "red lighted" in round 2, and did not advance further. The 7.99 run was a consolation run. He qualified #1 for Pump gas. I've asked Lee about the HP before, I believe its 1500+

Last edited:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately Lee "red lighted" in round 2, and did not advance further. The 7.99 run was a consolation run. He qualified #1 for Pump gas. I've asked Lee about the HP before, I believe its 1500+
Dang that is very unfortunate as I am sure it would of taken first as fast as it was.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good grief are those TURBOS behind that front facia? Where did they relocate the engine? LOL!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave