Lens cover - can this be fixed?

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi everyone...the previous owner put a lens cover to protect the headlight. Can I just remove these or fix somehow? I did not want to damage the headlight housing or anything.

You must be registered for see images

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jmch

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would CAREFULLY go at it with a heat gun.

Probably your best bet... but don't get too close or it may discolor the lens or make it look like it has tiny bubbles in it. Stay well away from it.. start on one side like 10-12 inches away on low work the gun in a 3-4 inch section at a time the whole height of the lens and it should peel off in one piece. Once you get the right temperature (hot to the touch but not untouchable) you should be able to slide a fingernail under it and start peeling it up.. it will probably peel up in snappy little motions. If you do it right it may not even leave residue. Good luck.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd just park it in direct sunlight for a few and then slowly tease it off.

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Zee,
Check out our local regional website. www.socalviper.com
We have a great vendor / sponsor that specializes in clear-bra and I'm sure he'd help you out.

We have a club event this coming Saturday as well. Come on out and join us.

Lance

OP
OP
Z

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys!

Graphite, I would love to but I will be out of town that weekend. I definitely will try to come to the next event!

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Might also have some luck peeling up an edge and spraying underneath with WD40 to loosen the adhesive. Heat gun in close proximity to the paint worries me as I tend to get a bit impatient.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd just park it in direct sunlight for a few and then slowly tease it off.

+1

I'll take sunlight on a hot day over a heat gun in most cases to remove a decal/adhesive

It might just peal off with no heat though. Give it a shot

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take an exacto knife and carefully cut slits near the raised letters or remove the film from the letters completely. It isn't difficult or dangerous. Afterwards apply a heat gun to it and press the film down. Do the same with any other little air pockets.

That film is good stuff and will save the lens from being sandblasted over time. If you remove the film completely replace it with new film.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4